Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanna thank everyone for all the help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 07:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default wanna thank everyone for all the help

Well I decided to trade my 2012 f150. In my own opinion it just wasn't enough truck to tow my travel trailer. And I was with in specs of my truck. But I think it was to much for me to feel comfortable with. So I decided to trade it on a 2011 king ranch fx4 f250 diesel. So I should feel more comfortable towing it now. But I wanna say thanks for everyone on here that helped me with the newbie towing questions I posted. I will still pop in from time to time. But one question, is there a f250 fourm like this f150 fourm? I really like this site. Thanks again

Last edited by tony montana; 03-17-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:50 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by tony montana
Well I decided to trade my 2012 f150. In my own opinion it just wasn't enough truck to tow my travel. And I was with in specs of my truck. But I think it was to much for me to feel comfortable with. So I decided to trade it on a 2011 king ranch fx4 f250 diesel. So I should feel more comfortable towing it now. But I wanna say thanks for everyone on here that helped me with the newbie towing questions I posted. I will still pop in from time to time. But one question, is there a f250 fourm like this f150 fourm? I really like this site. Thanks again
That's a very, very nice gesture, Tony! Many props to you!

We do have a Superduty forum: https://www.f150forum.com/f17/, so stick around!

Cheers!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 221 Likes on 178 Posts

Thanks for the info on your upgrade, Tony!!

I love my 2013 F150 King Ranch, and I bet you'll really like your SuperDuty KR - I'd love to see some pics!!

Let us know how it does with your TT.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:33 PM

Well I haven't towed with it yet, but I did hook the truck up completely to my travel trailer to see if my wdh would be easier to set the chains up. And man it made all the difference, doesn't take no where near the effort to do now. I think with my f150 the camper would just sit the rear down to much making it extremely hard to get the chains set on the right link. Biggest thing is I hope it helps with the pogo effect. My f150 I hated it when it would feel like that. I believe it was the 145wb and the p rated tires causing it but it made me really uneasy. To be honest I only have camped local because I was to nervous the way the truck drove with the camper behind it. Now I will say I never felt a lack power with the ecoboost. I loved it. But the suspension and tires I had really limited me I think. My king ranch is a awesome truck. My f150 was rated to tow 8100 and my new 250 is rated for 14,000. So I'm hoping for a better towing experience. My 250 I just bought does have 60,000 miles. But I work as a automotive painter so I'm picky and know what I'm looking at. The truck is super clean, can't believe it but it doesn't have a single dent or wiggle in the body. Only has 2 small chips in the entire truck. Checked it over for a good hour and can not find anything showing it was in a accident. All the bolts are still untouched meaning not having any missing paint on them from air rachets.

Last edited by tony montana; 03-17-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:17 AM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

Tony, Dieselstop is the place to go for the powerstroke crowd. See you there.

I absolutely love my '11 F350, although its "only" a Lariat Ultimate FX4 so i guess I'm slumming it a bit. It still has the heated/cooled seats, nav. system and sunroof though.

You're not going to know the trailer is even back there, there will be no comparison in the towing experience. I pull a 36' fifth wheel that weighs around 13,800 lb. as typically loaded and its very comfortable and has power to spare. I've towed it across the U.S. twice, been to Canada twice and Alaska once. Do yourself and your new engine a favor. Go to a dealer and buy several bottles of PM22A fuel additive. Diesel has almost no lubrication since the sulfur was removed. This stuff will keep the high pressure pump alive and only adds a few cents per gallon to your fuel cost. A new HPFP costs several thousand and will probably not be a warranty item based on age.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by tony montana
But one question, is there a f250 fourm like this f150 fourm? I really like this site. Thanks again

The Ford diesel nuts mostly hang out at TheDieselStop = www.thedieselstop.com . I've been a moderator there since 1999, but I haven't been very active lately. I sold my '99.5 7.3L diesel a few years ago, drove an inherited F-150 4.6L for a year or so, then ordered my 2012 EcoBoost when the 4.6L proved to be not enough truck for my needs. The EcoBoost is great for my needs, so I probably won't be investing in a diesel again soon.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:19 PM

Thanks guys, yeah I'm only gonna be pulling a 26 foot tt. Dry weight is 5500. Loaded with everyone in truck , and luggage I'm guessing 7,000. But I never hauled any water in the camper with the f150 . Shouldn't have a problem now hauling every tank full lol
Old 03-19-2015, 12:25 PM

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts

Doesn't mean you have to leave us...!?

Besides most of us here in the towing forum wish we could trade up to a SuperDuty

Now post some pics of this PSD F250 already...
Old 03-19-2015, 10:41 PM

I would but I never figured out how to post them lol.

Quick Reply: wanna thank everyone for all the help