Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Utility Trailer Tip!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Utility Trailer Tip!

I'm 63 years old. I've had two major back surgeries. At one time I was a hell of a man if I do say so myself. NOMORE! My lifting days are OVER! I have a 12 foot utility trailer that I haul my Rhino side by side upon. It has a drive up, lift up tailgate ramp. It got to the point that had real trouble lifting that gate after loading the Rhino. Then I found "Gorilla Lift" What a life saver for this broken down old fat man! I can now lift the ramp gate by hooking a toe under it and lifting my leg a little and it's done. Or a single finger will do the job just as easy. I got mine from Harbor Freight but there are sure to be others that sell them also. It's seems right well built and should out last me I'd guess. I don't make a dime on this deal so I don't "Have A Dog In This Fight" Just trying to pass along something I've found to help you guys with bad backs and lifting restrictions. Happy Trailering....
Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Former Powerstroker

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for sharing. Kind of the same way ford has lightened their tailgates with the torsion bar setup.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

If all you are using the trailer for is a side by side... You can can that trailer off and lock the side by side in 4wd, And it will climb right up the trailer. I have the same trailer and that ramp sucks... The wind catches it bad, I took the ramp off. And I just climb up it with a ATV or side by side... Adn i have a single aluminum ramp to run bikes up one :cheers:

Quick Reply: Utility Trailer Tip!