Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Towing truck 17 miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Towing truck 17 miles

Howdy gang. The starter solenoid i installed on my 1999 Ford f150 xlt ended up being bad and the wire connected to the start solenoid melted and caught fire. Fire department came after i extinguished the fire and they unhooke the battery and he solenoid. My questions are:

Can i hook the battery up for power so i can use my steering and brakes?

Also, Can i tow my truck 17 miles without unhooking the drive shaft?

Thanks in advance, Erdwin.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 PM

If it helps, I have an automatic v8 4.6 litre triton extended cab.

Last edited by ErdwinJC; 01-09-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: added automatic to it
Old 01-09-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Hook up battery for steering and brqkes? I am not sure what you are trying to do.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:04 AM

Wouldn't the battery stop the brakes from getting rock solid?

The end of the story is, I read on another forum that the transmission has a pump taht runs to keep gaers lubricated and since the truck isn't started it doesnt lubricte and in turn if i would have towed it the transmission would have over heated and would have been rendered useless if it didnt catch fire an torch entire truck. So luckily God sent a tow truck to pik up someone elses car on his flat bed and i asked about a tow and he said to call his office within 30-40 minutes if i wanted the tow. I called office and paid with a credit card over the phone and he came back and brought my truck to the house. Great guy too, To help this company out im gonna advertise there name here, touches of class in albany, Louisiana. If anyone is around that area and needs a tow call em, 225.209.0130 To go from amite walmart to kentwood right by eslyville it cost $110.00. It was about a 17 mile trip.

Quick Reply: Towing truck 17 miles