Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Towing with a lift and or level?

Old 07-06-2013, 02:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Towing with a lift and or level?

Ok fellas, another couple newbie questions. I was planning on putting a lift on my 2012 XLT and was just getting ready to pull the trigger. The wife and I have just recently started discussing purchasing a travel trailer in the future (sometime next spring). I have just begun researching all the info on towing since I have very little experience. I am starting to get a grasp on things and understanding all the different meanings like gvwr, gcwr, etc. My question is will a lift drastically reduce my towing abilities? I have seen people with F150's towing campers with lifts but I am interested in doing things right. If it matters I was looking at either the 6in BDS or 4in Rancho lifts.

Another question, if a lift will significantly reduce my towing capabilities would another setup work i.e. front level/rear blocks to keep rake or level/rear air bags?

Also just to clarify, I have a 2012 XLT NON-Max-Tow, but I have the ecoboost, SCREW, 4x4 offroad, and 3.73 rear end. Its just the wife and I with two dogs and we have been looking at some of the smaller TT's around the 4000 - 5000 dry weight range. Any advice you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If its done professionally, you should be just fine! Just get a drop hitch so the trailer would still be respectfully level!
The following users liked this post:
RaceRedECO (07-06-2013)
Old 07-08-2013, 12:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump, anyone else...
Old 07-15-2013, 01:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Its the bigger tires that go with the lift that will reduce your towing capability. But it seems you are getting a fairly light trailer so bigger tires wont affect it that much
The following users liked this post:
RaceRedECO (07-15-2013)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Towing with a lift and or level?