Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Towed my neighbors golf cart home

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 09:58 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Towed my neighbors golf cart home

I towed my neighbors golf cart home today from the campground for the winter. Golf cart weighs 1000 lbs and the trailer is probably just under that for a combo of 2K. We had to go over the mountain here in North Alabama but the 2007 F150 did great. Turned off overdrive on the way down the mountain and had no problems with the engine to help slow us down. Towed with the factory installed bumper hitch rated for 5K and 500 lbs tongue weight.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:19 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

That's good to know STSCDave, I'm coming to Huntsville next weekend to load up my just graduated UAH son's apartment and tow everything back here to Missouri. This will be my first civilian towing experience PERIOD, except for when I was in the Army. This will also be my first time towing with this truck, and the longest distance I'll have ever towed a trailer, (about 1200 miles) so I've been trying to pick everyone's brain for information about any tips they could give me.