Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow Package Brake Controller

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 08:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Tow Package Brake Controller

New guy here with a '15 XLT Supercab Sport, 5.0. Truck does not have the gain control on the dash. I see on the info screen a choice between braking types: electric/surge or electric over hydro, My trailer has electric brakes. I read in the owners book there is a choice of three brake settings: low (default) medium or high. Brakes seem to work well, but I'd like to experiment with the heavier settings.
I can't find a screen that allows me to choose. Anyone tell me how to get to this screen?
Thanks, Bob
Old 01-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Mark

Received 2,415 Likes on 2,116 Posts

the truck does not have the brake controller installed ?
Old 01-05-2016, 09:09 AM

It does not have the gain controller on the dash. Tow package with 4 & 7 pin connectors, trailer sway control. Tow/haul selection. Info screen shows trailer selection with braking type selection. Info show "trailer detected" when plugged in.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobmws
It does not have the gain controller on the dash. Tow package with 4 & 7 pin connectors, trailer sway control. Tow/haul selection. Info screen shows trailer selection with braking type selection. Info show "trailer detected" when plugged in.

The integrated trailer brake controller (ITBC) was standard only on the 2015 F-150s that have the Maximum Trailer Tow Pkg. It was optional on F-150s with the regular trailer tow pkg. The ITBC includes that little black box in the dash that has the gain control lever.

I have the ITBC on my F-150. It is an outstanding trailer brake controller.

You can buy the ITBC on-line from any Ford parts source, but your dealer has to flash the computer to tell it you now have the ITBC.

Here's a Ford source:
http://accessories.ford.com/exterior...ake-11021.html

And here it is with a discount price:
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebear...d/fl3z19h332aa
The following users liked this post:
Bobmws (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 04:39 PM

Thanks smokeywren. After digging through a number of posts scattered throughout the forum, many if them yours, I came to that conclusion.
I'm gonna hit up my salesman, who happens to be an acquaintance, and see if I can get a deal.
Need to get this done so we can use our new to us Toyhauler!

Quick Reply: Tow Package Brake Controller