Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Explain My Towing Package

Old 05-23-2015, 01:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please Explain My Towing Package

My 2014 ECO does not list a towing package or max tow package on the window sticker under the added features…it only has anything about towing on the top of the window sticker where it says "ELEC 6-SPEED AUTO W/TOW MOD"…it only has 3.15 rear and I did not buy it to tow anything bigger than a jon boat and pop up camper very rarely…however I don't understand the grid in the 2014 towing guide where it says that the standard towing package does not have hitch receiver or trailer brake controller…there is clearly a hitch receiver and a trailer brake controller…it also says there is no aux. auto trans oil cooler OR radiator upgrade OR upgraded rear bumper (among other things) and I don't know enough to look and tell if it has these things…anyway it says these options are available on a 535 package (?) and a max trailer tow package…it does say that I have a wiring harness and trailer sway control…any ideas what other features on this list I may have or don't have? Surely the trailer brake controller on there is connected and works, right? I will occasionally pull a pop up camper well below weight limits but need to know that the brake controller on my console does indeed work.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:01 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

If you have a OEM 2" receiver hitch it has the aux tranny cooler. It's a 3X18" cooler in front the drivers side of the radiator.

There is no such thing as a HD or bigger aux cooler. There all the same size, doesn't matter if you have a Raptor, Base Model Regular Cab or a Max Tow the cooler is the same.

Wayne
Old 05-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by wordty
My 2014 ECO does not list a towing package or max tow package on the window sticker under the added features…

The regular tow pkg is standard on F-150s with FX and Lariat trim, and it's included with some option packages on XLT. In that case it wouldn't be listed on the sticker as a separate option. However, on my 2012 Lariat, the area near the top of the window sticker includes "Standard Equipment Included at no extra charge", and the trailer tow pkg is listed in that area under "Functional".

However, you said you have the integrated trailer brake controller (ITBC), and that's included only as a separate option or as part of the max tow pkg. The max tow pkg is not available with the 3.15 axle, so we know you don't have that. So that part is confusing. On my 2012, "trailer brake controller, $230" is listed under Optional Equipment.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:50 PM

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Pretty sure its ....

Originally Posted by smokeywren
The regular tow pkg is standard on F-150s with FX and Lariat trim, and it's included with some option packages on XLT. In that case it wouldn't be listed on the sticker as a separate option. However, on my 2012 Lariat, the area near the top of the window sticker includes "Standard Equipment Included at no extra charge", and the trailer tow pkg is listed in that area under "Functional".

However, you said you have the integrated trailer brake controller (ITBC), and that's included only as a separate option or as part of the max tow pkg. The max tow pkg is not available with the 3.15 axle, so we know you don't have that. So that part is confusing. On my 2012, "trailer brake controller, $230" is listed under Optional Equipment.
An option on all XLT's , which IMO is stupid ... Most people buy a truck to haul / tow stuff .... I know its about ford saving money but damn build a truck that is complete .. IMO all trucks should at least be set up to tow with heavier leafs at least ... make the hitch an option ... before I put on Hellwig Spring helpers my truck would squat pulling my 2400 lb Aluminum Boat ... I have always owned Ford trucks but Im not happy with them for penny pinching to save themselves a buck outsourcing all parts to CHINA .... Not giving us as good a truck as they use to that is for sure ... I have had to make a bunch of upgrades to make my 2013 XLT as good as my 02 and its still not there , so far really the only thing better is the HP and mpg other than that the 02 was hands down a better built truck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please Explain My Towing Package