Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Tow mirrors vs 1A Auto

Old 09-29-2014, 09:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OEM Tow mirrors vs 1A Auto

Hi All,

I am going to buy the tow mirrors for my F-150, and I want to make sure I get the best ones. I would like to hear from people who have the tow mirrors from 1A auto, and their experiences with them. I guess I can assume that people who have the OEM Ford tow mirrors are happy, but feel free to give your opinions as well. The price difference is $180, which is quite a bit, would like to save that money if the 1A auto mirrors are a good buy.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the tow mirrors from A1 Auto, I got them about 6 months ago and have had no complaints so far. They have all the features my originals had plus they have puddle lights. The puddle lights worked without doing anything to the truck. I have a 2012 F-150 XLT 5.0
Old 09-29-2014, 08:30 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I've got a 2010 XLT, I added the 1AAuto heated, tow mirrors with the led turn signals on the lower edge. My oem mirrors did not have the puddle lights or turn signals, those were both plug and play, because my stock truck didn't have heated mirrors or a rear window defroster, I had to get a new (used off ebay) climate control center with the heated mirror button to make them work, honestly I don't know if it's worth the hassle for heated mirrors but I figured whtat the heck... Mine were an easy bolt on replacement, do the google thing to figure out how to get the door panels off, I have no vibration with these mirrors.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 528 Likes on 394 Posts

BTW, from what I can tell, the mirrors A1Auto sell are K-Source. It looks like they also sell the K-Source Custom mirrors under their name. E-Trailer sells them under the K-Source name. I believe A1 is in direct connection with K-Source to put some direction in their products though.

I was recently reconsidering them as well as my dealer wouldn't work with me on adding them. They wanted some out of this world price and said their computer said they were incompatible with my loaded XLT. funny, my less loaded 2010 XLT had the mirrors work great.

After having them (Ford OEM Tow Mirrors) on my 2010, I didn't care for their dumbo look and lack of dimming on the drivers side. They also would telescope from opening/shutting door vibration. Always had to keep pushing them in when not towing.

Only decided to go with them when I found the **** Custom SLIDE OVER tow mirrors were scratching my original mirrors housing. Once again, decided against them.

I did buy the K-Source Custom Snap on mirrors and am impressed with them so far. Haven't use them yet so I'll wait to give a review. One thing I noticed is that the mirror adjustment is much easier and smoother than the **** mirror adjustment, but at the cost of being to easy and moving when putting them away. A plus and minus in one.

I did buy the K-Source Custom mirrors from Cabelas as they had a great sale on them. Done a lot of business with Cabelas as well and feel comfortable with them.

If I were to buy the OEM looking factory tow mirrors, A1Auto seems about the best as they are very very helpful and even offer the plastic tools to aid in removing the door panel.

Last edited by Mike Up; 10-03-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:41 PM

heated mirrors are GREAT. I use them all the time for fog or ice. Don't think I'd get another vehicle without them. Much more useful than rear Defrost.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:46 PM

double post

Last edited by Mike Up; 09-30-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll be grabbing a pair soon since they now offer their tow mirrors with the power folding option
Old 09-30-2014, 06:08 PM

Here's the thread I had about the mirrors that has some useful information.

See here.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:23 AM

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

I've had A1 tow mirrors on my Excursion for a year now and i LOVE them! they don't vibrate and work perfectly.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a set of the 1aauto's for sale in the 2009-current section. They were great, I honestly wish they'd bolt to my cummins!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM Tow mirrors vs 1A Auto