Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Tow Mirrors???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 10:05 AM
PTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Tow Mirrors???

I just picked up my new 2015 F150 EccoBoost with Max Tow packacge. When I ordered it, I specifically asked for the tow mirrors but it arrived without them. The dealer is telling me that the tow mirrors are not available for this model. Of course I am very skeptical and have asked them to get me a better explanation than that but so far nothing. Any ideas how I can either show them that the tow mirrors are indeed available?
Old 07-17-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 111 Likes on 81 Posts

Hey PTA, where are you?

I know when I ordered my 2013 Ecoboost with the Max Tow package in Canada, the tow mirrors were not included (I had to purchase and upgrade with after-market mirrors). What grinds my gears is that the exact same truck, equipped with the Max Tow package, manufactured on the same assembly plant in Dearborn, MI destined for a US dealer includes the tow mirrors. Not sure if this is still the same for the '15 models though.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:28 AM

Received 221 Likes on 178 Posts

For 2015 the tow mirrors are a stand-alone option. You should be able to order them for just about all the F150 models/trim levels.

Take a look at the F150 build site linked below, build a truck with the trim level/options/packages that are on YOUR truck, and I bet you'll see in the "Exterior Items" section that you can add tow mirrors to just about any truck.

Some models/trims may not allow the power telescoping mirrors, but I bet you'll find that the dealer just didn't check the correct block when ordering.

http://bp3.ford.com/2015-Ford-F-150?...RWD.446.XL.%5D

Last edited by KR Kodi; 07-17-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by PTA
I just picked up my new 2015 F150 EccoBoost with Max Tow packacge. When I ordered it, I specifically asked for the tow mirrors but it arrived without them. The dealer is telling me that the tow mirrors are not available for this model.
I see you're from Tennessee, so no need to complicate things by the weird Ford Canada ordering differences,

Which model? I checked USA version of the 2015 F-150 XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum, and the tow mirrors were stand-alone options on all series.

Since that's a USA dealer, then surely that was not the dealer himself. Maybe a salesman, but not the dealer.

There are three different tow mirrors, which I'll call XL, XLT and Lariat-Up. The Lariat-up tow mirrors are really neat, with power fold and power telescope. The XLT vesion is power glass but not power fold and power telescope. The XL base trim version has power nothing.

I haven't tried it on Ford.com build&price, but I suspect if you choose any trim level, then choose either regular or max trailer tow package, the tow mirrors will then show up as an option.

Go to the new vehicle sales manager and demand that they sell you the correct tow mirrors for your trim level at the invoice price for the those mirrors on a new truck. Not the price from the parts department, but the invoice price for a new truck. That's what you would have paid if the dealer person had properly processed your order.

Last edited by smokeywren; 07-17-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:15 AM
PTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped by the dealer today and talked to them again about the tow mirrors. This time they found them in the system listed as telescoping tow mirrors at a discount price of $233 each. They said they would install them free of charge but I'm not sure I'm willing at this point to write out another check for $466 until I take a look at some less costly alternatives. It would have been a bit easier to accept that price had it just been built into the total price of the truck as I originally ordered it but at least they acknowledge now that the mirrors are available.

Quick Reply: No Tow Mirrors???