Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 04:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default No Lights

New to the forum here and just picked up the truck last week. It has the towing package with the Blade 7 connector and 4 pin next to it. When I hook my 4 pin trailer to it, the blinkers work but not the running lights or brakes? I went and bought an adapter for the blade connector to the 4 pin with led connectivity lights. The led lights work for the left and right blinkers but not the running lights? I can hook this trailer up to My Traverse and it works fine so I know it is in the Ford's wiring somewhere? I heard it may be a relay that can cause this? Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 11-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

there are fuse's and relays...need to check them...the panel is located on the passenger side kick panel. your gonna need your owners manual to id the right fuse and relay...you can download this diagram from the net too. there's a diagram on the fuse box cover for fuse position. good luck.

Last edited by techrep; 11-19-2013 at 07:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FRANK121 (11-19-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 07:55 AM

Received 118 Likes on 64 Posts

The fuse and relay that you read about a lot here are the fuse and relay needed to power the constant power/battery charging circuit in your 7-pin connecter. These are the ones that many times are not installed, but are in a plastic bag in the glove box or map cubby. They have nothing to do with the trailer lights.

But as Techrep says above, there are separate relays/fuses for the trailer lights aleady installed in the fuse box, that should be your first place to check. In my 2010 they are in the power distribution box under the hood, not in the passenger side fuse box, and there are separate ones for left turn, right turn, brake, etc.
The following users liked this post:
FRANK121 (11-20-2013)
Old 11-24-2013, 02:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sure enough, this Forum is Great

It was a 20 amp blown fuse for the running/brake lights. Replaced and all is good
Old 11-24-2013, 03:03 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Since the running lights come on when you open the door, I've found it best to make sure the door is closed and the lights are off before I hook up the trailer. Seems to save blown fuses for me.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a wheel chair lift on my '97 F-150. It is electric lift. all WAS well until I tried to lower the lift after taking the wife to the mall. No power at the trailer plug, 4 prong flat, factory, I am using ground and BROWN wire for power. I have checked all fuses that I can find and all is good, circuit breakers check out ok with ohm meter. What is going on? By the way I just noticed now that when I remove the key and put it in my pocket, the windows are operatable. That aint right. HELP

Stan
Old 12-30-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey, Stan, sounds like you have some kind of short situation that's probably unrelated to the original post. Hope you got that sorted out, but if not, I suggest you start a new thread with a title of something like "Wheel Chair Lift - Electrical?" A lot of folks here just scan the thread titles and your own thread might get you more readers and responses. Good luck!

Quick Reply: No Lights