Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My ecoboost towing experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 08:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My ecoboost towing experience

I have a 2013 Ecoboost 4x4 with 3.31 rear end and this truck impresses me more and more every time i tow with it. I don't very often maybe less than 10 times a year is I really didn't need max tow or a lower rear geared rear end.

This past week I was towing a 6 x12 enclosed trailer that probably weighed between 3500 and 4000 pounds loaded. I took a 150 mile trip and averaged 14.3 mpg running 93 octane gas with tow/haul engaged. I had a tailwind for part of the trip which I know added to my economy.

The most impressive part of the trip was merging off of one interstate onto another. It was a typical cloverleaf with traffic entering and exiting through the same small "window". It was a two lane highway with a line of semis that could not move over to let me merge onto the highway. I put the hammer down and my truck got up to 80 mph very quickly allowing me get ahead of the line of traffic before slowing down to my cruising speed of 70 mph. I challenge any other modern non diesel pickup do do this. I hardly knew the trailer was behind me most of the trip. I could only imagine what my truck would be like with max tow and 3.73 rear end
The following users liked this post:
Jump1979man (12-05-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 06:47 AM

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

I hear you. This weekend I towed a trailer with 6 spruce logs that were 18-24 inches in diameter by 8.5 feet long and she towed like a dream...I love this truck!!

Quick Reply: My ecoboost towing experience