Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mastercraft Courser HSX

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 07:10 AM

Received 211 Likes on 167 Posts

Default Mastercraft Courser HSX

Just put new tires on my truck on Friday. The stock Goodyear wranglers were worn out, but I did get about 48k out of them. I tow a 3H Gooseneck and the stock tires worked out ok but I wanted just a bit more load capacity without going up to an E Rated tire. I tried finding a LR C highway or all season tire with not much luck.

I did find the Mastercraft HSX that was a 116T rated P Series compared to 114T on the stock tire. When calculated at 91% for truck use, they work out nearly identical to LR C. I pulled this weekend in 40 plus mph winds and heavy traffic and they were a big improvement in the lateral stability department over the Goodyear tires. They are also much quieter than the Goodyears ever were.

So far I would say they are a good choice if you want an all season M+S rated tire without going to an E rated one.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:04 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

I'm in the same boat, I'll need a good hi-way tire for the occasional tow. Mind to share how much they cost compared to other more popular tires? I dont even know if I could find them in Canada...
and please keep us updated on non-towing driving feel, wet traction, etc... (never really heard of these tires before, that's why I'm curious )
Old 02-23-2016, 12:29 AM

They are made by Cooper and are a 60k rated tire. The total cost was 763 for mounted, balanced, new stems, and disposal plus state sales tax. They were 20 to 50 less than goodyears, depending on which ones, and lot less than Michelins. Slightly less than Coopers.

The tire shop owner runs them on his truck and I have another variant of them on my 06 mountaineer. So far they are the quietest truck tire I have ever had, including Michelins on my prior. The wet traction was great the other day.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:22 AM

Update on the HSX tires, did get some snow time in them and again, very pleased. They did much better than the Goodyears even when the SR As were new. I would highly recommend these tires so far. After multiple 200 to 300 mile highway trips, the ride is great and they remain very very quiet. It's much easier to talk on my Bluetooth through Sync now than before with the much diminished road noise.

Quick Reply: Mastercraft Courser HSX