Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love the 5 oh!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 05:13 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Love the 5 oh!!!

So I recently got to put my truck to the test towing. My dad picked up this beauty in Virgina, about a 4 hr ride from my house.

I hooked up to the car trailer for the first time, no issues, set brakes and we were off. On the way back, thats where the fun was! That coyote howled and nothing would slow it down!

We pulled through a few mountain passes and it never missed a beat. Pulled like a dream. It revs out, but man does it get work done, and have the power to pull. I was beyond impressed and satisfied.

If this truck pulled this good and made me this happy I'd like to see how an eco pulls! Either way I sure dont regret my 5.0 purchase and cant wait until it warms up to hook up the camper!
The following 2 users liked this post by 13blkxlt5.oh:
BRUTE448 (01-19-2014), nihilus (01-19-2014)
Old 01-19-2014, 07:57 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Very nice!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:51 PM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

Awesome! Great to hear the torque was there - so much nicer than being in a tow vehicle that runs out of breath and you just have to let the slope pass.

i love towing stuff. It makes me feel like I bought a truck for the right reasons. Hauling is cool too, but usually involves loading and unloading... haha.

The eco pulls with less rpm. When you want to accelerate, it pulls hard.

Enjoy the truck and that beauty of a car!

Quick Reply: Love the 5 oh!!!