Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #941
Senior Member
 
IronJoce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-xp View Post
Will be getting bags before I put the quad in the back, and before I put my new tires and wheels on for spring.
I sure don't want to start a debate but this is gonna be an heavy ride with a quad in the bed.

Happy camping and drive safe
IronJoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #942
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,622
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 55
Thanked 438 Times in 292 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoce View Post

I sure don't want to start a debate but this is gonna be an heavy ride with a quad in the bed.

Happy camping and drive safe
Not every has a sportsman 900 etc etc. My banshe was lighter than a trip to Costco.
__________________
F250 CCSB FX4 6.7 minimaxx w/ MCC, egr D, def dpf D, airlift bags wireless, TFI 50gal, roll-X, AMP steps
jcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #943
Senior Member
 
IronJoce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcain View Post

Not every has a sportsman 900 etc etc. My banshe was lighter than a trip to Costco.
Didn't say too heavy, just sais heavy ;-)
IronJoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #944
Senior Member
 
EcoboostKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 675
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 85
Thanked 126 Times in 99 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoce View Post
Didn't say too heavy, just sais heavy ;-)
It will be close. The trailer has a dry tongue weight of only 575lbs. Just not sure what he has for payload with his max tow pkg or the weight of his quad? Good chance he might be fine..
__________________

2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, Fx Luxury Pkg
6.5' bed, 157"wheelbase
EcoboostKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #945
True North Strong & Free
 
Norotso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SK, CDN
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

At best he has a 7700 GVWR unless he has the HD pkg which would bump it up to 8200 minus the weight of the truck, pass gear etc. typically leaves us with ~ 1500-1800#
__________________
2012 EB F150 XTR 6.5 Maxtow 7700GVWR, 1700# payload and lots of goodies.....
2012 F150 & 2008 Jayco 23FB
The border between Canada & the USA is a typical human creation. It is physically invisible, geographically illogical, militarily indefensible and emotionally inescapable. Hughe Kingsley
Norotso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #946
Senior Member
 
IronJoce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norotso View Post
At best he has a 7700 GVWR unless he has the HD pkg which would bump it up to 8200 minus the weight of the truck, pass gear etc. typically leaves us with ~ 1500-1800#
He sure doesn't have HD payload and a truck like this has ~1700-1750 payload capacity. (I know my previous truck was exactly like this!)

From my experience and the scale with many trailers/loads, we seem to always reach maximum weight on the rear axel way before GVWR.

That being said, the trailer is small so it's all good
IronJoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #947
Senior Member
 
brigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qub3d View Post
Here's mine in August last year... just went and checked on it today
How long is your trailer and what's it's dry weight? And how do you like the add on mirrors, I just bought a set and haven't taken them out of the box yet
brigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #948
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary, AB Canada
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigs View Post
How long is your trailer and what's it's dry weight? And how do you like the add on mirrors, I just bought a set and haven't taken them out of the box yet
It's a 27ft Bunk house. Dry weight is 4800lb and Gross is 7500. I LOVE the Cipas. Was very reluctant to purchase the add-ons but those dumbo ears they call towing mirrors for these trucks I just couldn't justify the look or the weight of them .

I've towed about 7 or 8 times with them last year and love em. They don't shake and mount tight on the stock mirrors. The only downside I had with them is that they scuff the chrome on the back of my mirror. I got the detail shop to add some 3m onto the inside of the mirrors so that's taken care of now
Qub3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #949
Senior Member
 
brigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qub3d View Post

It's a 27ft Bunk house. Dry weight is 4800lb and Gross is 7500. I LOVE the Cipas. Was very reluctant to purchase the add-ons but those dumbo ears they call towing mirrors for these trucks I just couldn't justify the look or the weight of them .

I've towed about 7 or 8 times with them last year and love em. They don't shake and mount tight on the stock mirrors. The only downside I had with them is that they scuff the chrome on the back of my mirror. I got the detail shop to add some 3m onto the inside of the mirrors so that's taken care of now
Could you post a picture of what you did with the 3m, I have been thinking about what to do about that, don't want to scratch my painted mirrors
brigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #950
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary, AB Canada
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigs View Post
Could you post a picture of what you did with the 3m, I have been thinking about what to do about that, don't want to scratch my painted mirrors
Sure, I can do that this week. THey're in the trailer so will need to take another run out there. Give me a chance to drop some stuff off anyway.
Qub3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:16 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.