Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knocking engine at 1100 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knocking engine at 1100 RPM

I have a 2004 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 . I got a new transmission put in and a Oil change shortly after. A few weeks later I got a knocking noise. No check engine light, starts up great, No real notable problems just the noise. At Idle no noise just the usual cam phaser ticking, but once the engine is warmed up at about 1100 RPM it starts knocking like a . I took it to a few different shops one was sure it was the timing area so they replaced the timing chain, tensioner, pully. ect. Took it to a ford dealer where he didn't really look at it just said you need a new engine. went to another ford dealer where they said rod knock or stuck lifter but if that were the case shouldn't it knock constantly? another shop said VCT soleinods, Spark plugs. another said it could be the flex plate! so all in all I paid a bunch of money for people to look at it to have them say they don't know but a whole bunch of suggestions have led be to be confused as to just buy a new engine or have a go at the other things. I'm aware of the cam phaser diesel ticking noise they notoriously have but thats not it. Has anyone else had this problem? I've parked it for a few years to be safe but started it weekly. I didn't intend on having it sit for so long but due to work situations and what not it has sat but now I'm on a mission to make it my daily driver again. I'm no mechanic but I'm not totally green to vehicle mechanics so ill be inspecting what i can within my limits, any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Also I have two youtube videos posted of it If anyone is willing to have a listen and tell me what you think.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new here I posted this in the wrong forum

Quick Reply: Knocking engine at 1100 RPM