Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K-Source Custom Tow Mirrors Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:47 PM

Received 538 Likes on 398 Posts

Default K-Source Custom Tow Mirrors Thoughts

I'm thinking about getting these K-Source Tow Mirrors as my **** Slide Over Custom Tow Mirrors are damaging my trucks original mirrors from deep scratches and gouges.

The K-Source mirror glass looks to be 1/2" shorter than the *****. While I thought the **** glass was already small, I may be able to deal with the 1/2" smaller glass.

My question is if anyone had any damage to their original mirror housing from these mirrors?My other question is, does the glass come loose as they supply a bottom screw adjustment for tightening the mirror glass? Another question is with a standard 8' wide travel trailer, can you see all the way down the trailer and behind it. My trailer is 8' wide and 29' long, bumper to hitch and I could see all the way down the trailer and behind it with the **** Tow mirrors?

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have them and I love them. No problems at all. 1,800 mile trip no vibration no movement, no scratches.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by bmach
I have them and I love them. No problems at all. 1,800 mile trip no vibration no movement, no scratches.
Thanks!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:14 PM

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

You could read the feedback on amazon.com. Very highly positive. I bought them snapped them on and like them. Mostly because stock mirrors on my '14 are so much better than my '99. I haven't towed with them yet. Maybe next week.

Concerning your question about mirrors coming loose. It has a almost 1" ball and socket like a gps mount. The collar on the socket has a screw to tighten. It looks well made and should keep mirror tight as plastic ages.

I thought about your question: my foot was resting on the box with mirrors in it. Using it as a foot rest at my desktop while reading you ? lol.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:06 AM

Received 221 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Up
....My other question is, does the glass come loose as they supply a bottom screw adjustment for tightening the mirror glass?...

Originally Posted by raisin
....Concerning your question about mirrors coming loose. It has a almost 1" ball and socket like a gps mount. The collar on the socket has a screw to tighten...

I've got a pair of KSource 81810 mirrors.

Name:  7EECFB66-4DA3-4831-88A7-14841C2FCCF5_zpsbuy2l9sc.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  94.5 KB

I've had them for about six months and didn't know what ya'll were talking about until I just went out and looked. I saw a small hole on the bottom, and I had to shine a flashlight in there to see that there is screw in there to tighten the pivot mechanism.

I've towed about 1500 miles with them and they have been rock solid! I never had a need to tighten them, so never noticed that they had that screw.

My mirrors have chrome skull caps, and there's not the slightest indication that the KSource mirrors have ever been on them - absolutely no damage at all!

My car hauler trailer is 8' wide and 22' 6" from the tip of the tongue to the rear of the trailer. The KSource mirrors have worked great when towing.

However, I recently installed a pair of OE Tow Mirrors, so I don't need my KSource any longer. If you'd like them I'll send them to you for $50 shipped. PM me if interested.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've towed with those same mirrors for over 2000 kms this summer, and I've had no issues. Once you get them setup, they work quite well. I'd say go for it if you don't want to go with factory tow mirrors.

FWIW, I'm pulling the slightly larger Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE, and I'm able to see the back bumper of the trailer easily with some adjusting.

-Ryan
Old 09-02-2014, 10:55 PM

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

So glad someone mentioned the adjustability. I have one on my dad's truck that was just slightly too loose.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:48 PM

Thanks everyone, ordered them from Cabelas, new and only $53 shipped w/tax! Not to bad a deal.

Decided not to get them at etrailer as their return policy said they couldn't be used or installed. Kind of hard to tell if they'll work good without trying them.

Quick Reply: K-Source Custom Tow Mirrors Thoughts