Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Information Display – Trailer Info will not return to normal screen

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information Display – Trailer Info will not return to normal screen

New to this Forum and hope I can get an answer from the smart guys on here. After going through the Ford Owners Manual and searching on the web for any u-rube how-to videos, I am unable to find any information on how to go back to the normal screen.
My first trip towing a 23' Lance trailer with our new 2015 XL F-150 I did not read the instructions on the hook-up and treated this tow just like the tow with my other 2005 F-150.
At this point, I am unable to return to the Information screen which shows the gas mileage, odometer, etc.
I tried to do the button pushing (arrows and o.k. button on the left side of the steering wheel) to default to the normal screen with only the trailer plugged in – with no hitch hook up and no luck. Does everything need to be hooked up to return to the normal information screen? A step by step routine would be much appreciated. BTW, I called the salesperson at the dealership where I purchased this vehicle for help – no one at the dealership could answer my question or give me any help.
Any assistance would be much appreciated!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:12 AM

Received 367 Likes on 305 Posts

if its still close to my 13...the 4 way arrow pad....back button-left arrow..
it may be like mine and logging info on towing....showing tow mileage vs total mileage...
Old 08-25-2015, 08:13 AM

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

Sounds like there might be something frozen on your screen, maybe take it to the dealer?

Mine all you need to do is hit the left arrow on your steering wheel a few times to get back to the main menu.

Do you have any options like "Hold OK for . . . . . ."?
Old 08-25-2015, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning Steve and Havyek: Thanks to you both for replying. Both of you are correct. I kept pushing the back arrow until "mileage" and something else came up on the menu, hit o.k. and up popped the main screen. Both of you made my day!

srvyr73

Quick Reply: Information Display – Trailer Info will not return to normal screen