Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How large of a loaded V-nose can I safely tow?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
CashMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How large of a loaded V-nose can I safely tow?

I'm doing a one time 1700 mile move from North Dakota to South Georgia, so through a few mountains in Tennessee. I'm stuck on whether to get a dang Uhaul or just buying a V-nose enclosed to pull behind my pickup like we did when we moved up here, then sell it when we get done. I'm just not sure what the largest size of V-nose I can safely tow fully loaded with furniture and household things. I'll be towing with my 2012 King Ranch F150 Screw with 5.0L, 6.5ft bed, tow package, 3.73 gears, and weight distributing hitch. Not sure if it matters but it also has a leveling kit on it. Thanks for any help guys!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 PM

Received 336 Likes on 261 Posts

7x14 loaded trailer and cargo weight inside at 8,000 pound plus some. Need twin axle with brake controller. Regular stock mirrors on a 7x14 work fine.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:43 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 26' inline V-Nose that I use for 4 snowmobiles in the winter. Pull it with without any issue.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 PM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

I pulled a 27' v nose car hauler with my eco 3.73s and tow pkg.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:16 AM
CashMan

Thanks guys. I was looking at a 7x16+4ft Vnose, but wasn't sure if that would be enough room. I'm going to look into a 7 or 8.5x20+4ft Vnose. Now I just have to figure out what all our things weigh. Still if anybody else has different experiences or input please let me know, because I think I'm going to be pushing the tow limits set by Ford, but not sure yet.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:07 PM

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CBurthold
I'm doing a one time 1700 mile move from North Dakota to South Georgia, so through a few mountains in Tennessee. I'm stuck on whether to get a dang Uhaul or just buying a V-nose enclosed to pull behind my pickup like we did when we moved up here, then sell it when we get done. I'm just not sure what the largest size of V-nose I can safely tow fully loaded with furniture and household things. I'll be towing with my 2012 King Ranch F150 Screw with 5.0L, 6.5ft bed, tow package, 3.73 gears, and weight distributing hitch. Not sure if it matters but it also has a leveling kit on it. Thanks for any help guys!
You may not make out as well doing the buy sell as you did in North Dakota. There is a big trailer manufacture in Georgia and there prices tend to be very good, enough that I have know guys to drive down and pick up a trailer vs buying locally and the additional cost of fuel was offset in the price.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:25 AM

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I also have some questions about towing v nose trailers

I have a 2013 Eco full towing package,
Wanting to get a 20-24 foot v nose enclosed trailer
But want to know what people setups are on their trucks,
Am I going to sag alot, I am not used to f150's have always had the diesel super duties
I am wanting to add a leveling kit to my f150 and I am worried about sagging to much
Old 05-26-2013, 12:30 PM
CashMan

Originally Posted by tomb1269
You may not make out as well doing the buy sell as you did in North Dakota. There is a big trailer manufacture in Georgia and there prices tend to be very good, enough that I have know guys to drive down and pick up a trailer vs buying locally and the additional cost of fuel was offset in the price.
Ya thats the other problem. There are so many manufacturers in the southeast(mainly Georgia) and none up here so the prices are high due to shipping costs. Trailers that size are around 2k cheaper in Georgia than here in North Dakota. I bought multiple trailers when we lived there and worked with a few of the companies, so the prices were quite surprising when we moved back north. So this time the trailer I buy from here, I cant sell for more down there.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Sounds like a U-Haul is the feasible thing to do.

Quick Reply: How large of a loaded V-nose can I safely tow?