Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hiniker Plow on 2011?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hiniker Plow on 2011?

Hello all..... Well, it has come time that my job is getting rid of my current company truck (2005 F-150) and I'm getting a hand me down 2011 F150 from another guy in the department.

I currently have a Hiniker 2752 plow on that truck. Other than wearing ball joints out, which most plow trucks do, it has honestly done great.

So, I got on hinikers website to see if a mount is available for the 2011 and it doesn't list one. I called Hiniker and the guy I talked to mentioned something about it have Electronic Power Steering, but that he's known of guys to do it anyway.

So, just curious as to what I should do. I've got to have my plow for winter, and I don't see my department getting a newer different truck when we are getting this 11 with 60k miles for no cost. Hoping I can put the plow on it!
Old 01-15-2016, 04:00 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Search this topic. Ford allows a plow on the 6.2L F150 but does not allow them on the 3.5tt and 5.0 because of EPAS.

In the end you can do what ever you want though.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:34 PM

Ford sells a 200 amp alternator and get a good 950 agm battery and your good I've plowed with my 2013 5.0 for 2 years with no problem
Old 01-23-2016, 01:26 PM
T_R

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts

Depends on what engine is in the 11 and how heavy the plow is. Ford does not recommend any plows at all on it. Real world, everyone does it and it's ok.

You can't put a plow on an ecoboost truck and drive it on the road, the blade will block the intercooler. You might get away with plowing your own driveway for a few minutes.

5.0 truck will be ok with a plow even with EPS. Don't run lots of accessories like heated seats etc when you plow.

You really shouldn't go over 500 lbs of plow on the stock front end. Some guys will go up to 600-700 lbs with timbrens.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:39 PM
Beer Drinkin Hell Raiser

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Default plow

I see u have your own plow but only Snoway makes a plow that's
able to be used on F150 with EPAS. there are plenty
of threads on subject. goodluck

Originally Posted by ksstang
Hello all..... Well, it has come time that my job is getting rid of my current company truck (2005 F-150) and I'm getting a hand me down 2011 F150 from another guy in the department.

I currently have a Hiniker 2752 plow on that truck. Other than wearing ball joints out, which most plow trucks do, it has honestly done great.

So, I got on hinikers website to see if a mount is available for the 2011 and it doesn't list one. I called Hiniker and the guy I talked to mentioned something about it have Electronic Power Steering, but that he's known of guys to do it anyway.

So, just curious as to what I should do. I've got to have my plow for winter, and I don't see my department getting a newer different truck when we are getting this 11 with 60k miles for no cost. Hoping I can put the plow on it!
Old 01-25-2016, 09:03 PM

before I upgraded my alternator and battery my headlights dimmed bad but not a prblm now. I have a snoway plow but ford doesn't care it still voids my warrenty but that's why I took measures avoid any problems
Old 02-02-2016, 08:27 AM

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Cut from another post:

- EPAS will plow fine level & straight - or light fluffy powder-(other posters have already proven this with there plow setups ) it's the wet heavy snow piled up against any plow you put on straining / damaging the epas when turning & piling snow up (especially over time storm after storm). The claim improving / isolating electrical cant make snow less heavy! That's why ford said no to plowing with the 2011 + 150s - they should of left the epas for cars only & this would not be an issue.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cook81
before I upgraded my alternator and battery my headlights dimmed bad but not a prblm now. I have a snoway plow but ford doesn't care it still voids my warrenty but that's why I took measures avoid any problems

So you think I would be ok if I upgraded the Alternator and battery to go ahead and run it? its not a huge area that gets plowed, and not a ton of steering while operating the plow.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by T_R
Depends on what engine is in the 11 and how heavy the plow is. Ford does not recommend any plows at all on it. Real world, everyone does it and it's ok.

You can't put a plow on an ecoboost truck and drive it on the road, the blade will block the intercooler. You might get away with plowing your own driveway for a few minutes.

5.0 truck will be ok with a plow even with EPS. Don't run lots of accessories like heated seats etc when you plow.

You really shouldn't go over 500 lbs of plow on the stock front end. Some guys will go up to 600-700 lbs with timbrens.

The truck is the non ecoboost 5.0
Old 02-03-2016, 12:58 PM

I'd think your fine doing small residential if you upgrade battery and alternator

Quick Reply: Hiniker Plow on 2011?