Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a new summer toy :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:30 AM

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Got a new summer toy :)

I have been kind of looking at the possibility of getting into a mustang as a summer DD for about a year now. Some recent events caused me to think about doing it sooner than I had planned but hey...that's life!
I started the hunt and came across one that was in good shape and fit my budget...my very modest budget lol

It's a 2006 V6 (I know I know) 5 speed with the pony package and leather. The body is a 7/10, has a few blemishes but hey it's 10 years old. I was looking for a driver and not a garage queen, underbody is solid and in good condition. It has some good get up and go and should prove to be a lot of fun as a summer car (keeps the mileage off of the truck too ). I will be doing all fluids, plugs and filters in the spring.

Anyway I rented a car trailer from Uhaul which probably weighs a couple thousand pounds, loaded up the car weighing in at around 3370 lbs and pulled her home. The truck did awesome, it's rated for 7800 lbs towing from Ford so I wasn't near the limit. The ride was smooth, tow / haul worked greats and it even stayed in 6th gear most of the time on the freeway. Cruise was set at 100 km/h.
There is one big hill on the way home, about a 3 degree grade for 2.5 kilometers. Truck knocked itself down into 3rd gear and hummed all the way up at 3200rpm. At no point did it feel labored or over burdened. I was extremely impressed. Towing fuel economy was about 10 mpg in change.

Great towing experience with my 5.0, still loving my truck
Attached Thumbnails Got a new summer toy :)-imag1346.jpg  
Old 02-23-2016, 09:05 AM

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts

Nice car. I have a 2005 GT convertible. It's been absolutely trouble free.
BTW Ford trucks are for towing Chevvies.

Quick Reply: Got a new summer toy :)