Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Additives and Towing?

Old 04-16-2016, 10:46 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Fuel Additives and Towing?

Does anyone run octane boosters or fuel additives when towing?

The reason I ask is I see in the owners manual to run higher octane fuel when towing and I tow my enclosed trailer to the middle of nowhere North Dakota and the only fuel they have locally is 87 and I always run 92/91 when I tow pending on the gas station. Not this has every created any problems or issues but a thought.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:57 PM

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by LEBScrew13
Does anyone run octane boosters or fuel additives when towing? The reason I ask is I see in the owners manual to run higher octane fuel when towing and I tow my enclosed trailer to the middle of nowhere North Dakota and the only fuel they have locally is 87 and I always run 92/91 when I tow pending on the gas station. Not this has every created any problems or issues but a thought.
I get the higher octane while towing, but if it isn't available just fill up with no additives. The higher octane seems to be available near interstates. Rural gas stations seem to be removing their premium grade gas to add diesel.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Additives and Towing?