Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer reccomended Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 03:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Dealer reccomended Hitch

Have any of you guys ever heard of the Blue OX Sway Pro hitch and what are the opinions of it? I was going to get either the Husky Centerline or the Equal-i-zer but my rv dealer says they have had customer issues with both. comments?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Folgers
Have any of you guys ever heard of the Blue OX Sway Pro hitch and what are the opinions of it? I was going to get either the Husky Centerline or the Equal-i-zer but my rv dealer says they have had customer issues with both. comments?
I know many people that use Equalizer and love them. Someone posted something on here a few weeks ago that the blue ox rep told them that use of Fords sway control interferes with their hitch. I don't really buy that, but that was what was said.

I use an off brand WDH and cheap friction sway bar. Hitch choice is really dependent on what you are towing also.

Keep in mind many RV dealers are from towing experts.....learned that the hard way spending money I should not have spent.

Last edited by knauby; 03-21-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been using the Blue Ox Sway Pro for two camping seasons now and I don't have anything negative to say about it. I started using it with my '11 Explorer pulling a 19' Hybrid camper, worked great with that setup. I'm now using it with my '12 F150 and 32' travel trailer.

It's quick and easy to hook up and it's quiet. One of the complaints I've heard about the equalizer hitch is that it's kinda noisy. If there's anything you'd like to know specifically, let me know. If I had to do it all over again, I'd still choose the Blue Ox.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 PM

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

There's a reason the equal-i-zer is nicknamed the squeak-i-zer... It does make noise, it is supposed to... That mean it's working. .

I've used an equal-i-zer product for about 7 years now and have put it through tens of thousands of miles of towing and have put it through its paces. So have many of my friends. Zero issues.

I can't speak of the Blue Ox, I haven't used one.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:07 AM

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

+1 for the Equal-i-zer! If you don't like the noise to know it's working, buy a set of these
Equal-i-zer 95015150 Spring Arm : Amazon.com : Automotive Equal-i-zer 95015150 Spring Arm : Amazon.com : Automotive

I have them and makes mine as quiet as can be
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Equal-I-Zer here as well.

Most RV dealers recommend what they make the most money on.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:39 AM
JJW
Water Boy

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the sway-pro for my 28'KZ Sportsman. Very easy to use, very clean and quiet. Does a good job.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Apparently Blue Ox redesigned the hitch recently as removed many of the adjustability features. It doesn't have an awesome rep over on rv.net. I like my equalizer. I don't find it too noisy.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RightYouAreKen
Apparently Blue Ox redesigned the hitch recently as removed many of the adjustability features. It doesn't have an awesome rep over on rv.net. I like my equalizer. I don't find it too noisy.
Yea, I heard about that. I have the PRE-redesign model with the fully adjustable hitch head. They supposedly redesigned it so it was easier for the customer to use. I think they just made it more cost-effective for them to manufacture it.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 PM

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

I cannot speak for the Blue Ox but also have an equalizer and have zero complaints. I did alot of research prior to buying and it has a very stout reputation.

Quick Reply: Dealer reccomended Hitch