Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Basic tow questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Basic tow questions

We're taking our travel trailer out for the first time this weekend. What kind of lube should I use on the hitch? I have a w/d hitch, should I live those arms as well?

When we go into Ohio, do I need to pull into the scales when pulling my travel trailer?

Thanks.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pulling my trailer, I never pulled into a truck scale...never got pulled over for it. Not sure if that is the norm or not. I always just put regular grease on the ball hitch. My WDh hitch bars get lubed at the truck side, but not where it connects to the trailer. That is an
Equal-I-Zer brand.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:21 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Scales are for commercial vehicles. No need for you to pull in. If you are wanting weight tickets of your own to figure out your set up, you need to find a CAT scale. They are usually located near a Truck America stop.
I use the lube recommended by my WDH manufacturer on the ball and on the trunnion pivots, but only because it comes in a small convenient squeeze tube I can keep in the back door. Any kind of grease will do.

Quick Reply: Basic tow questions