Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back-up Sensor not working!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 07:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Back-up Sensor not working!!

Hey everyone,

Im looking for some help if anyone has any insight to this to get me looking in the right direction that would be great. Recently my back up sensor stopped working, however at random times it will make a beep or two but thats all. Therfore i am thinking that it must be a faulty wire somewhere, and not a bad sensor or somthing. Also after i had noticed the sensors were not working, i noticed that there were a few big stone chips or somthing out of the face of the sensor.. So im not sure where the problem is. All wires in behind look good and i dont see any loose wires, also the fuse is also good, any help?
Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 PM

Received 348 Likes on 234 Posts

Try to do a test with your sensors. Take the bad on and plug it to the wire of a known good one. That will let you know if it's wires or sensor
Old 08-19-2014, 12:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea but i dont know which ones or if any are bad..? And they all work together, so if one is bad then they all dont work. So, as i said they do occasionally make the beep noise, which leads me to think its a wire somewhere. I dont know if theres a way to test the sensors..
Old 08-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

turn your key on and put your truck in reverse...e-brake on..go listen for the sensors clicking... the one that is not clicking is bad,...

Quick Reply: Back-up Sensor not working!!