Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience towing with super springs? Do they stop the rear end from sagging?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience towing with super springs? Do they stop the rear end from sagging?

Looking for some feedback from anyone with using super springs on an F150 and towing a trailer. From watching the install video and talking to the super spring guys it appears that unloaded they raise an unloaded F150 about an inch? How much rear end sag after hooking up a trailer? I'm towing a 28 ' trailer with about 750lbs tongue weight with a 2016 F150 4X4, tow package and 3.73 gears. Have a cap and HD bedslide which weigh 550 lbs total.
Not looking for suggestions on Timbrens or air bags....may go the airbag route but really want to know how much the super springs sag under load. Thanks for any input!
Old 05-24-2016, 06:14 PM

Received 336 Likes on 261 Posts

I did have Supersprings on my other truck. There were 2 settings. The stiffest setting does raise the back maybe a inch by the most when unloaded. But with cap and definitely a bed slide with a combined wight of 500lbs. That would return the truck to the normal position (level). There is a 2nd setting can be used for a softer added boost to the factory suspension. With a 500 tounge weight, it will not sag at all.
Right now on this truck, I'm using timbrens and they are great too.
Both products are great and requires zero maintenance.
Try going to RV forum. Both products including Supersprings are used by these folks with trailers and slide in campers and discussed quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Any experience towing with super springs? Do they stop the rear end from sagging?