Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternate Backup Camera

Old 12-15-2015, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternate Backup Camera

I'm the new owner of a 2012 F-150 Lariat. It has an integrated backup camera. On occasion I will need to remove the tail gate and want to install an alternate backup camera that could plug directly into the existing harness. Has anyone found a plug compatible camera that could mount on the license plate or other area? I don't particlularly want to spend $250 for a second Ford camera. Looking for something a little less expensive < $100.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Charlie
Old 12-15-2015, 01:10 PM

Received 336 Likes on 261 Posts

Junkyard
Old 12-15-2015, 09:39 PM
WindowGuy

Received 153 Likes on 135 Posts

Camera Source
The following users liked this post:
camera-source.com (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 11:18 AM
F150 Vendor

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Davies
I'm the new owner of a 2012 F-150 Lariat. It has an integrated backup camera. On occasion I will need to remove the tail gate and want to install an alternate backup camera that could plug directly into the existing harness. Has anyone found a plug compatible camera that could mount on the license plate or other area? I don't particlularly want to spend $250 for a second Ford camera. Looking for something a little less expensive < $100.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Charlie

$100 is going to be out of the realm for something that is plug and play and built to last. We sell a plug and play kit that will use the same connector as your factory camera and it comes with our dual mount camera system. The mount can either be license plate mounted or there is a mini bracket that will allow you to mount it anywhere. $199, specifically designed to work with factory systems, and warranted for 3 years... you get what you pay for

https://camera-source.com/automotive...amera-kit.html

Thanks and let us know if you have any more questions we are happy to assist!

camera-source.com
888-844-9763

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alternate Backup Camera