Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable Hitch

I've been looking everywhere online and I can't find the answer so I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have a 2013 King Ranch with 20" wheels which makes my hitch height about 19.5". So I'm debating a couple things. First, which hitch to buy and then what size drop. I'm debating between the Andersen Rapid Hitch or the Curt Channel. I've read that the general rule of thumb is to get a 4" drop if the hitch height is lower than 20" but get a 6" drop if the hitch height is 20" or higher. Since I'm at 19.5" I'm torn. Has anyone had experience or can anyone provide insite on hitch height?

Also, I know the reviews are pretty good for the Andersen hitch. It's by far the most popular adjustable hitch that I know of. But one thing I haven't heard much about is the rattle in the hitch. Is there rattle or play in it? And how does it stand up with time? I've read that after a few years of use the hitch might get a little"loose."

I know it's a loaded question but I'm hoping someone with a similar setup can help. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:51 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Andersen works for me

Been using the andersen weight distributing hitch for over a year now. Been very happy with it.

Best part is that the hitch works with any trailer, not just the trailer the weight distributing portion is installed on.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 AM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

I was in the same boat not long ago, I got the 6" Andersen hitch and after putting it on I felt that it was to low and may hit on a big gutter/bump, so I returned it and got the 4".

Here is a thread I started not long ago on it.
https://www.f150forum.com/f82/6-ande...-hitch-239904/
Old 03-05-2014, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Melbeach. I think I read that thread when I first started looking but forgot about it. I really appreciate the pictures. Any chance you can take a picture of the 4" one on the lowest drop with a measuring tape next to it?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:26 PM

Tomorrow I will... If I remember lol
Old 03-06-2014, 11:06 AM

Sorry that the tape is not that big. That's all I carry in my truck. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Hitch