Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 no running lights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 no running lights?

I have a 96f150, I pull the same trailer every weekend and randomly now it has no running lights. Does someone have a diagram of the fuse box both interior and under the hood. No manual, or cover on the interior fuse box. I'm lost on what to do.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Download the 1996 F-150 Owner's Guide. It's 401 pages PDF file so you may not want to print it all. And it requires a fast connection. My HughesNet is just too slow to even look for the fuse block diagram, but I know it's in there. Here's the link:
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../96f12og1e.pdf

Found it. Page 359. It's in the power distribution box under the hood. When you look at that box, there are 5 relays on the right side of the box, and 11 fuses on the left side, and some more fuses in the middle. The trailer lights fuse is a 25 amp fuse in the 4th position from the bottom left.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot, I'll give that a try when I get home. I've heard of the fuses blowing if you have the headlights on and hook up the trailer? Is this possible.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Aqua
I've heard of the fuses blowing if you have the headlights on and hook up the trailer? Is this possible.
Sounds fishy to me. I'm certainly not any sort of expert when it comes to automotive wiring, but headlights and trailer lights are on different circuits. So I doubt that blowing the headlight relay/fuse has any connection to blowing the fuse for the trailer tail/running lights.

Quick Reply: 96 no running lights?