Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015/16 tow wiring harness and fuse "trailer tow lamps module"

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015/16 tow wiring harness and fuse "trailer tow lamps module"

2016 4x2 2.7tt xlt with 3.73 elec lock factory 4pin and hd payload package

i bought an aftermarket brake controller and had no issues plugging in 10 mins. the i get to my wiring harness. it came with the factory 4 and i got the universal hopkins #47185 a 4 to 4/7 pin. i understand that the orange is to be the 12v aux power and only comes on when pressing brake with the trailer plugged in. white goes to the ground. the 4 pin goes in the existing 4 pin. the blue goes to the brake controler which ive confirmed works with a multimeter. the purple wire (reverse wire) goes to a gray wire that only shows power when in rev. does this al sound correct. i wont have a trailer to test with until its time to tow and want to make sure im setup correctly. i know with the factory tow u have to program the software at the dealership, hence why i went with an aftermarket (Reese Towpower 8507111 Brakeman IV) controller. its also supposed to have sync capabilities; i think that it has accelerometer or some initeria sensor so assisting when u hit the brakes rather than the time delay type. anyone have experience with this particular product?

lastly im going through fuses etc... and notice #36 a 25A fuse for "trailer tow lamps module" is missing. what is this? is it needed for?

also does anyone have recomendations on aftermarket tunes liike 5 star tunes via sct x4. i want more mpg when daily driving 87oct, 87oct performance (when im full on 87 but wanna have fun in sport mode), one performace 91 (hard to find 93 where i am) for fun, an 87oct tow performance, 91 tow performace(for heavy load in mountains).

Quick Reply: 2015/16 tow wiring harness and fuse "trailer tow lamps module"