Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Ford f150 king ranch trailer lighting problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Ford f150 king ranch trailer lighting problem

I am new to this and have searched but could not find a solution to my problem so I'm posting a new.

My 2013 Ford F150 King Ranch has a lighting problem on the boat trailer. On the trailer all the standard lights work. The right blinker also works. But the brake lights and left turn signal do not work. I checked the trailer switch and no power to that. So I checked the fuse box under the hood. The manuals says that #20 is what controls the trailer left turn signal and it's 10amp. So I replaced that fuse and it still has no power to that fuse.

Now fyi, I checked everything using one of those aligator lighting tools that attaches to a ground and has a pointer that lights up. So first I got a good ground and then checked the other fuses to verify the ground and the light came on on all of them. But on the new 10amp fuse I put in the #20 spot I got no light.

Is there something I can check using the aligator tester that would tell me what needs replacing. Not familiar with relays or what they are.

Thanks in advance. Mitch
Old 06-11-2016, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Have the 2003 F150 FX Off Road 4x4 NEVER Been Off road with it... But My Harley Trailer was Having a NO Righ Turn Sig Problem..OK Put it Off to being a Bulb on Trailer.? Fishing Time Come's, Hooked up Boat... No Right Turn on Boat Trailer ? Im Checking Everything LONG Story Short... I Rewired Trailer, w/ New Lights.... STILL No Right Turn on My Flat 4 Wiring Plug... Tried the Round 7 Plug with My Elect Brakes etc... NO POWER to Right Turn. Got on here Last Night and Looked at Forum... Sure Nuff FUSE # 19 Under the Hood was Shot.... Replaced Got Power Now.... Thank's to Forum

Quick Reply: 2003 Ford f150 king ranch trailer lighting problem