Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From supercharged RCSB Tundra to 2013 RCSB 5.0 STX. Let the fun begin.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:59 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default From supercharged RCSB Tundra to 2013 RCSB 5.0 STX. Let the fun begin.

Hey guys I have been lurking for a little bit and figured now that I am a Ford owner it was time to jump in. I just picked up a 2013 RCSB STX, unfortunately with the 3.31 and no LSD. I had a 2008 Tundra with the TRD supercharger and a Bully dog tune. It was consistently running low 12's @ 112-114MPH, but it really needed a taller tire to keep it out of fifth gear and probably would have dipped into the 11's. After dealing with the POS dealer here in town and coolant leak, plus the lack of /expensive aftermarket I decided it was time to try the number one selling truck. Traded the 2008 Tundra and walked out with the 2013 Ford for $15909. Couple old videos, before tune
I said I was going to keep the new truck stock for the next two months until I got my shop built, but parts are so cheap I couldn't resist. Had the truck 3 days and just picked up a Diablo Intune for $360 and a set of those lakewood traction bars that Boss5.0 was using. I had caltracs on my Tundra but these are a 1/4 the cost and if Boss5.0 can cut 1.6 60ft I can live with that. Going to order a K&N CAI and build a 3" catback from some parts I have lying in the garage and see about getting a custom E85 tune. E85 is only $2.50 a gal right now, which is about 1/3 less than 93, so the increased fuel consumption balances out with the benefit of cooling/higher octane. Any recommendations on who to contact about a custom E85 tune? I am 4 hours from Houston and 3 from Dallas. From what I understand the Intune is warranty friendly as all it leaves behind is that the battery was reset. Any confirmation? For now I want to stick with just bolt-ons, because I need a nice reliable truck while clearing/building on our new property. Once the shop is built I will be pursuing a custom rear turbo setup. Quite a few Tundra guys were running them with great results. I think a RCSB 5.0 fueled by some ID 1000's/E85 should be able to make/handle 5-600whp pretty easily on remote setup and make for a fun work truck.

Last edited by 95stepside; 02-21-2014 at 07:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jbroas (03-28-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 06:01 PM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Why not just buy a stang? Unless you tow, you're in the wrong vehicle but then again you are in Texas.....
Old 02-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Evil. Big. Oil.

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Good looking Toy you had! I'm sure you will be pleased with the F-150 too. The 5.0 has a lot of potential what with all of the Mustang parts that can be pretty easily swapped over.

There are a few companies on here offering good E-85 tunes from what I have read, and they are always around to help out on the forum. Just ask some of these fellows what they are doing in this thread.... https://www.f150forum.com/f70/5-0-qu...s-mods-190134/

Are you completely sold on the future turbos? I have read about some pretty impressive supercharger installs. Almost plug and play kits that come with tunes. Roush, Edelbrock, Procharger...etc, swap out the pulley and I think some of them will get you into the mid 500hp ranges. Although I hear the oil pump needs to be upgraded when you get that high. For some reason the F-150 Coyotes didn't get the same oil pumps as the Mustang Coyotes.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/201...rger-Kits.html

Anyways, best of luck, seeing what you did with a toy I'm sure it will be fun to watch you work with the F-150!

Originally Posted by zx12-iowa
Why not just buy a stang? Unless you tow, you're in the wrong vehicle but then again you are in Texas.....

Because he want's a fast truck? Dick.
The following 2 users liked this post by Daximus:
jedeckert1984 (06-14-2014), nihilus (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 06:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ZX12 He said it was a work truck.... Not sure how much hes going to be getting done with a "stang" at his job. And im not trying to call you out I just laugh when I see others go into someones thread on here and try to question why they want to make their truck fast. Its their truck, if they want to make it fast thats their choice. I personally think trucks are way more comfortable and I'm able to haul my dirtbike and motorcycle around along with other crap. Also its way more fun to pull up to a non heavily modded "stang" or other sports cars and surprise them at the track. Just my two cents and Hula I freaking love your Tundra, I have a buddy that has an extended cab and I keep trying to get him to put a blower on it, maybe after I show him yours he will finally pull the trigger, and as for your F150 welcome to the club and looking forward to seeing how your truck turns out!

Last edited by pudge1515; 02-20-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

He probably wants to be comfortable when he drives and have a bed. Have you ever been seated in a new Mustang? There's barely enough room for the driver and her purse.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:39 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome. Hope you have better luck with the Ford than you had with your Toyota. Did you have a hard time finding a RCSB Tundra with the 5.7? Don't see too many around here. Seems like they run well with the TRD supercharger. Keep us in the loop on your project.

Because he want's a fast truck? Dick.
NICE.....
Old 02-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Blown Member

Received 185 Likes on 152 Posts

Why buy a stang when you can buy a ZX12. You have to throw a lot of mods at a stang to keep up with a ZX12. Is this what you tell the stang boys REPEATEDLY on their forums. It equates to the same thing. Why buy a heavier vehicle when it takes more to make it go faster that a lighter vehicle, right.

Everyone doesn't buy a truck to tow all the time. Over the years I have owned many different sportbikes. I bought the very first factory aluminum framed GSXR 1100 in Memphis back in the day. I bought my wife a few fast cars, a Grand National being one of them. In all that time one thing always remained constant. I have always owned a fast truck. I kept each of them at least 10 years. The list is: Lil Red Express, Shelby Dakota, Lightning and 5.0 STX (new project).

Either you get it or you don't. I fit in the truck much better than I fit on some of the sportbikes I owned. Because of my height and size I looked like a monkey F'in a football on some of the bikes.

P.S. You're going to have to tell those NASCAR Truck Series boys to stop it. There is no hitch on the back and where is the trailer.

Last edited by LTNBOLT; 02-20-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:31 PM

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Daximus
Are you completely sold on the future turbos? I have read about some pretty impressive supercharger installs. Almost plug and play kits that come with tunes. Roush, Edelbrock, Procharger...etc, swap out the pulley and I think some of them will get you into the mid 500hp ranges. Although I hear the oil pump needs to be upgraded when you get that high. For some reason the F-150 Coyotes didn't get the same oil pumps as the Mustang Coyotes.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/201...rger-Kits.html
+1
Lots of threads on here with clean looking TWS setups. Most of them make great power with low boost. For a work truck, It would be much more handy and they claim they don't burn fuel when not in use.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 PM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm not sure about it but from what I've read in these forums is the battery unplug dies not clear the tune and will void warranty depending on the dealership and how sticky they choose to be, my understanding is the computer holds the last 10 tunes?? I could be wrong but something you def would want to find out
Old 02-20-2014, 09:27 PM

Received 1,556 Likes on 990 Posts

Hulazz, my last truck was also a 5.7 rcsb tundra, sans supercharger. Many on here don't believe mine ran 13.9 at 97 mph bone stock. What did yours run stock?

Quick Reply: From supercharged RCSB Tundra to 2013 RCSB 5.0 STX. Let the fun begin.