Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sufarry's XL V6 build!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sufarry's XL V6 build!

Not many XL's in this forum. Especially not any 4.2's! You guys are some haters. But, us XL owners can make our trucks look good too:P
2008 F150 XL 4.2l 5-speed.

Stock as a stick here. Bought it back in 2013. She had 19k miles on her and was ready to roll. Had been an enterprise rental truck for some odd years, now she resides with me. :P

Sufarry's XL V6 build!-fb_img_1435765751362.jpg

I hadn't really put much thought in to modifying her, or doing any mods to her up until recently.

So, she sat stock for almost a year an a half........ I was staring out my kitchen window at her in the driveway.

I decided right then and there that she could be more then just a " work truck "...

So, I went to work with what I had, and haven't tied much money into her yet, but shes coming along quite nicely.

Got a hold of some 20" FX4 stock wheels, painted them black, blacked her badges, bought a brush guard, tinted her windows, leveled her out with a 2.5" rough country level kit, installed 2 10" Kicker COMP S subs with a 500W AMP and a kenwood head unit, and Flowmaster 40's SI/DO with 3.5 inch chrome tips. This is how she looked up until a week or so ago when I bought some new wheels and tires for her.

Sufarry's XL V6 build!-fb_img_1435765742769.jpg

This is her right now, as she sits in my driveway.

Sufarry's XL V6 build!-20150624_173828.jpg
Sufarry's XL V6 build!-20150624_162004-min.jpg
Sufarry's XL V6 build!-20150624_162012-min.jpg

Next mods are:
  • Gotts Mod
  • HID's
  • DJM 3/5 Lowering Kit
  • Smoked Headlights, and Tailights
  • Roof Rack
  • Bed Liner ( Spray in )

I'll continue to add to the list I'm sure

What you guys think?
Old 07-02-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it is a great start!! Its great to see the passion you have for her and what you have done so far looks brilliant!!!!!

I will admit when i first saw the original picture and then the afterwards lol i must say it is deffo a change :P

however as i said above very nicely done and look forward to seeing what else you do!
The following users liked this post:
Sufarry (07-02-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VioletPiranha
I think it is a great start!! Its great to see the passion you have for her and what you have done so far looks brilliant!!!!!

I will admit when i first saw the original picture and then the afterwards lol i must say it is deffo a change :P

however as i said above very nicely done and look forward to seeing what else you do!
Thanks! I think when its done she'll look pretty good. I wanted to change it up and NOT lift it and put big mud terrains on because, lets me honest. Its not 4WD and it's not a V8. Plus she's my daily driver and hardly ever sees the dirt.

But I do love the way offroad trucks normally look, so the lightbar and the roof rack and all those other goodies are purley cosmetic ( like 90% of everyone else's) but I want her to be low to the ground. Not slammed or anything. Just low enough to be different.

Thanks for the words! Def check in sometime. Things are coming
Old 07-03-2015, 12:12 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

She deffo looks great and yes as she is your daily ride its important to maintain that comfort of the daily use!

Cant wait to see what she looks like once you add a few new mods as you mentioned above!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Sufarry's XL V6 build!