Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting out simple with 06

Old 06-28-2013, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting out simple with 06

Just getting started with a few add ons for my comforts as well as a few items "Anger Management" has imposed upon this project.
To calm my nerves at the end of the day I added the vent shades to help with some airflow across my sweltering brain.
Had Line-X spray on liner added for easy clean up of whoever/whatever got tossed in the bed & then the Tonneau cover to hide what evidence might be underneath.
Chrome 20" Pacer rims are wrapped with Nitto 275/55/20 tires that make for a quiet ride & grip wicked around some of the local "road course" corners.
Finished the K&N CAI kit tonight, was surprised just how easy it was to install, makes the engine bay look so empty now, so much that it should really have something that says PAXTON on it in there
After enough reading posts & watching vids about exhaust that my eyes popped out, I decided on a Magnaflow cat back exhaust to satisfy my need for a lil rumble.
Ordered an Edge programmer to slip in the interior for more distraction while driving so that'll keep me entertained for awhile.
Attached Thumbnails Starting out simple with 06-stuffs-002.jpg   Starting out simple with 06-truck-truck-001.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2013, 09:13 PM

Default Exhaust

Got a lil ambition late this afternoon once the lawn mowed itself & yanked the factory muffler (looks like it could be a meat smoker) & pipe.
With Johnny Cash blaring in the background, I opened up the Magnaflow box & got everything laid out for Monday eves loose fitting & swept up.
Kit looks well made, welds very smooth, clean & the packaging is well thought out so nothing can get damaged under "Normal" delivery by the carrier company.
Been looking at grills on other members rides & am leaning towards the no knockout billet aluminum horizontal. I'll have to flip a coin on that later
Old 07-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Hmmmm, drivers side tailpipe seems to pop out in the correct area outside of the towing receiver mounting but the passenger side is getting to be a bit of a challenge.
A little twist, a small nudge & a big can of liquid refresher & decided to take a break from installing the exhaust & popped in the programmer to finish out last evening.
Loading up scrap metal to clear out garage a bit more to get some much needed room & will calmly sneak back under the truck for another shot at the loose fitting of it.
Ordered the billet upper & lower grill, just kinda grew on me seeing how it looked on others rides
Old 07-02-2013, 10:31 PM

Default Exhausted

Just bout got the exhaust wrapped up this eve. Had to reposition the passenger side hanger on the tailpipe piece that connects to the tip.
Wasn't to bad of a fight to install but man do those clamps they supply take a lot to get em to grip.
Road tested for a few miles & retightened everything, looked good
Plan on welding the tips on tomorrow eve OR just relaxing on the patio with the radio & the grill, another flip of a coin to decide that tomorrow.
Will see if I can get a video that the sound comes out alirght, not sure the camera can do the tone justice, I like it
Attached Thumbnails Starting out simple with 06-ford-001.jpg   Starting out simple with 06-ford-002.jpg  
Old 08-31-2013, 09:07 AM

Been awhile since I updated progress.
Got the 2 piece billet grill & lower insert installed, looks great.
Bad news is the engine developed a serious ticking noise, LD diagnosed as a spun bearing on the crankshaft restricting oil to the top end soooooo I guess next pic might be of a new engine under the hood.
The CAI wont be going back on, the factory intake will be reinstalled, that friggin whistling the CAI makes is enough at times to make me wanna jump from a moving vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Starting out simple with 06