Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The progression of my 07 FX2

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 12:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The progression of my 07 FX2

So, I bought my 2007 5.4l FX2 sport almost a year ago and I think its turning into a great little truck. So, I figured I would post the mods that i have completed in the last year and share my opinions on each... I know we all have different opinions and Im willing to hear all of yours (as long as it pertains to my truck) So, Here goes!!!

Stock: 2007 F150 5.4l FX2 Sport, 44,000mi

First Mod... CDC Shaker Hood Intake

Install took me about 2 hours with the help of a friend... Worst part about the install was the first hole I had to drill in the hood. After that, it was all gravy.

After the install, I had some issues on the front end. I used masking tape to cover the throttle body to keep crap from falling in it while the factory air box was removed. A little piece was apparently left behind (I didnt see it before putting the air box back on). Needless to say, it caused an air leak between the factory air box and the trhottle body. I threw lean codes about 300mi later... took it all back apart, found the tape, put it back together and all is well!!!

As for performance, I didnt notice any HP or MPG gains from the hood but I did get better throttle response... Especially in higher RPM's...

Second Mod: Weston Sure grip running boards... I still need to get picks of those...
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Ex Badge Bunny

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Seems like this is going in a great direction. I like that the scoop is functional!

Since you're going to continue with the modding process, would you like me to move your thread to the "Members' Build" section?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:44 AM

Third mod: Gryphon CS!!!!! with a custom install

Install: Well, It was a little more difficult than I thought it was gonna be... The programmer fits perfect in the ashtray without the chord attached to it. Anyway, The hole that I had to put in the bottom of the ash tray was significantly larger than I thought it was gonna be. But in the end, I got it to fit without kinking the chord and you cant see the hole or anything... Plus, now I can hide the programmer when I get out of the truck. Not to mention, Im not really a fan of anything suction cupped to my windsheild. I wasnt really crazy about the dash pod either.

Performance: Amazing!!! Ive been running my truck on 87 Tow for a couple weeks and am completly impressed. Better shifting...was less sluggish. Better throttle response. All around, I feel that I have a bunch more power. The programmer really gave my truck some pep in its step.

I finally ordered some custom tunes from PHP today!!! I cant wait!!!

Last edited by J. Clementi; 01-26-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r89
Seems like this is going in a great direction. I like that the scoop is functional!

Since you're going to continue with the modding process, would you like me to move your thread to the "Members' Build" section?
Sure!!! Sorry, new driver at the wheel
Old 01-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Ex Badge Bunny

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

10-4, that's what we're here for
Old 01-26-2012, 01:01 AM

(Darn noobs, posting in the wrong section) Oops
Well, back to the build...

Mod # 4: Magnaflow SI/DO catback exhaust: (Just came in today. Im putting it in Sunday!!!

I will update as soon as its installed

Red Leds are also on the way (floor/courtesy lighting)

Future Mods:
Audio: I would love to add some Infinity reference components in the front and Infinity Kappa two way in the back. An Amp and possibly a smaller sub under the back seat are probably in the trucks future too
"Blacked out" badges (possibly carbon fiber or shadow gray)
Signal side marker mod (where the side marker flashes with the signal)
Im think of either taking some Nightshade my tails and brake light or getting someone else to professionally paint em for me...Or, possibly buying some aftermarket tails... dunno, I just dont really like that much red on the truck.

Ive got a baby boy on the way (due April 1) so I cant stretch my funds all too much further but if anyone has any other suggestions for some cheap future mods, lemme know

Last edited by J. Clementi; 01-26-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I love that shaker!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:43 PM

Thanks... Me too!!! I wasnt sure at first. I thought it might be too small for the truck but after firing it up for the first time after installing it I was very impressed. I dont know if it is worth the $700 that if goes for online but it was definitly worth the Ebay price that I paid...

Plus, when I lay on the gas, It just looks like I have more power the way that thing "Shakes"...hmmmm that may be where my gas mileage went
Old 01-29-2012, 10:33 PM

Ok... Today was the day to remove the Boat Anchor that ford calls a muffler. The Magnaflow 18" SiDo Catback is finally installed!!!!

So, Here is the origonal "muffler" on the truck... If anyone has never gotten down to look at it, it is HUGE!!!

Felt good getting that thing out of there. It wasnt easy, bud I did manage to get it out without cutting anything. I backed the truck onto a set of ramps and lowered the spare tire. It made removing the stock exhaust a little easier (and I didnt have to cut anything).

Last edited by J. Clementi; 01-29-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:35 PM

How about a comparison of the Old Vs. New

The new was still in bubble wrap, adding to its girth a little bit. I assure you that it the new muffler is about 1/3 the size of the stock one.
All in all, the Catback Kit was pretty simple to install. So, Here it is, all nice and shiny... MMMMMM.... Sexy!!!

Tips...MMMMMMM Shiny!!!!!

I'll have to post some pics from the back... I just realized I didnt get any of both tips from the back... I did get a bunch of video though

All I can say is WOW... Probably the best thing that I've done for the truck so far... I didn't notice any performance gains right off the bat or anything. However, The first time I fired it up I felt like I added a couple "Man Points" to my ego

It was/is a whole lot louder than I was expecting... both in the cab and out. But, its not an anoying (drone) loud inside the cab. Just a real nice growl. I took some vid but it doesnt do the sound any justice at all. Im gonna see if I can get some better sound quality video then I'll post it up!!!

Quick Reply: The progression of my 07 FX2