Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"OX" - 2014 Ecoboost

Old 12-18-2014, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "OX" - 2014 Ecoboost

Hey everyone, been following the forums for awhile but first time posting. I'm the proud owner of a 2014 FX4 Ecoboost supercrew the is being leased as a company truck and is also my daily driver.

The build will be pretty mild compared to many of the amazing projects here, but, as many of you know, builds tend to take on a life of their own.

The current plans are a spray bedliner, build storage for under the rear seat, Utility rack and roof basket, a full wrap and some other odds and ends.

Picture of the family in the truck taking OX for her inaugural family outing

Looking forward to posting updates very soon

cheers
Old 12-18-2014, 03:12 PM

Sorry, working on getting the pictures figured out
Attached Thumbnails "OX" - 2014 Ecoboost-ox-familydrive.jpg  
Old 12-19-2014, 11:48 AM

First project under way. Using the space under the rear bench space seems to be a no brainier but I didn't like the look/cost of the storage bins on the market. Thankfully we have a good wood shop at work so it's time to break out the tape measure and create templates.

Here is the Husky version, I don't like the way it looks under the seat and wanted to see if I could achieve something that looked stock.
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2014, 11:52 AM

I need to get better documenting the project, so accept my apologies, here are pictures after I measured, cut and screwed and glued the bin. Made out of MDF. I was going to radius the corner but after a couple of failed prototypes decided it wasn't worth the effort and figured that an angled corner worked well with the angular approach that ford has in the interior anyway....

next step, wood filler and lots of sanding
Attached Thumbnails "OX" - 2014 Ecoboost-img_3508.jpg   "OX" - 2014 Ecoboost-img_3509.jpg   "OX" - 2014 Ecoboost-img_3511.jpg  
Old 12-19-2014, 01:00 PM

I have carpeted sub boxes in the past, so that would be pretty straightforward, but wouldn't give me the stock look I'm hoping for. Going to try a spray on bed liner and see if a can get more of a molded/textured plastic look.

finished with a little putty work and shooting it with black primer. Next step will be grabbing a rattle can of bed liner. Anyone have any experience/recommendations for this? There seem to be a few out there.
Attached Thumbnails "OX" - 2014 Ecoboost-img_3513.jpg   "OX" - 2014 Ecoboost-img_3514.jpg   "OX" - 2014 Ecoboost-img_3516.jpg  
Old 12-19-2014, 03:34 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice work...
Old 12-19-2014, 05:27 PM

thanks, Katoom. Will be interesting to see how this comes out.

Was following your thread on the tune. Very interesting. Usually I see posts with claims of large gains, was good to read your experience.

cheers
Old 12-19-2014, 05:44 PM

Working with Dupli-Color Bed Armor. Will see how this comes out. Looks like it has nice texture when its wet. Warning - lots of light coats is the key, otherwise you get big drips quickly. Good news is the drips clean up easily if you catch them wet and the next coat easily hides the problem. It also has a tendency to splatter a bit but I am hoping that all blends in with the texture.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:28 PM

The bed liner came ok, not as textured as I was hoping but I think it will work. Found some rubber matting that I can use for the bottom of the bin, should keep things from moving around too much and from making noise.

need to wipe off the dirty fingerprints, but otherwise, looks pretty good

came across some rubber mat that should do nicely<br/>

got a nice texture to it and easy to work with<br/>
Old 12-19-2014, 09:35 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Nice job on the box. And good looking truck.
The following users liked this post:
Berg_LY (12-19-2014)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "OX" - 2014 Ecoboost