Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nsejda's build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default nsejda's build thread

I picked up a 2001 150 with and extended cab, short bed, 4x4. It's gonna be my DD. It's my first vehicle that I owned and bought with my own money. I'm mostly going to use it for going to school and work. Go muddin every once in awhile. Some times tow.

I'm building it to be the best of all three of the things I'll need it for. I'm not going to do anything outrageous, since I need it to get decent gas mileage being a high school student. Don't have much money to blow.

I picked it up on Saturday, haven't done much to it yet, only washed it and added a Phillies window decal.

Things I want to do:
-Raptor line the bed(take the bed liner out. Has anyone used the raptor line before)
- Possible level kit.(Any brands you recommend?)
- CAI
-Dual exhaust
- tool box for the bed
- chip/tuner

Anyone else have suggestions? This weekend I'm going to change the oil, rotate the tires, change the filters.

Here's some pictures:

Sorry for the long post
Attached Thumbnails nsejda's build thread-image-4148472770.jpg   nsejda's build thread-image-66332222.jpg   nsejda's build thread-image-2172274239.jpg   nsejda's build thread-image-1501089152.jpg   nsejda's build thread-image-2746573397.jpg  

nsejda's build thread-image-644748162.jpg  
Old 04-18-2013, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending how you're going to use your truck, you might want to consider adding a hard tonneau bed cover. Just a thought...nice truck.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by armoredveh
Depending how you're going to use your truck, you might want to consider adding a hard tonneau bed cover. Just a thought...nice truck.
Thank you, I'm actually picking up a tool box soon. So I can't do hard tonneau. They look really good, but I haul at least every other week so it might be a pain with the tonneau. It is still a good idea
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Good looking truck, I would say throw some more aggressive tires on it!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by KC-F150
Good looking truck, I would say throw some more aggressive tires on it!
Thank you. Over the summer I might invest in a better tire with and extra set of rims. What tire do you suggest?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 PM

Side note: I'm trying to get everything either made in America, build it myself, or by it used. So someway it's helping out America
Old 04-18-2013, 09:20 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nsejda
Thank you. Over the summer I might invest in a better tire with and extra set of rims. What tire do you suggest?
Sounds good!

I have the Mickey Thompson ATZ with side biter on my truck and I love them, but their pricey. Everyone says good things about the Nitto Trail Grappler or the Toyo M/T as well!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by KC-F150

Sounds good!

I have the Mickey Thompson ATZ with side biter on my truck and I love them, but their pricey. Everyone says good things about the Nitto Trail Grappler or the Toyo M/T as well!
Thank you, I'll have to remember it when I'm ready to buy tires
Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 AM

What do you guys think? My sister surprised me with this
Attached Thumbnails nsejda's build thread-image-1449477380.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nsejda
Thank you, I'm actually picking up a tool box soon. So I can't do hard tonneau. They look really good, but I haul at least every other week so it might be a pain with the tonneau. It is still a good idea
There are Tonneau covers made to work with tool boxes, and covers made to be removed. You could also buy an inbed tool box, that doesn't hang on the side rails, allowing a hard folding tonneau to work for you.

My personal choice right now is a product by Undercover call the flex cover. It is a tri fold, hard tonneau that can fold completely upagainst the backglass of the truck allowing full access to your bed.

I guess my point is, if you want a tonneau cover, having a tool box won't preclude you from getting one. Just an fyi incase you didn't know.

Quick Reply: nsejda's build thread