Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

North Bay CA Lariat Build.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default North Bay CA Lariat Build.

I suppose it might not be a "Build" per say, but more like some add-ons. But here goes nothing.

I guess its what I should expect searching the web every night for lift kits. I have only had this truck for 2 months. I did my home work and came to the conclusion that the RCX would be perfect for my lifting needs.

It also didn't hurt that S3MS sold it to me for $1220 shipped to my door. An extra $90 on top of that I had the Kicker Braces to complete the lift.

This lift might not be for everyone... It only offers a 5" drop and uses spacers. A seemingly popular turn off for most. However, don't let these minor difference to the more "Brand Name" lifts fool you on the quality!

Every component in the well packed 5 boxes (6 if you get the Kicker Braces) has plenty of quality!

There are a few things I would recommend RCX change. The skid plate mounts use self taping bolts.... These are very easy to strip out when tightening... which could lead to your skid plat falling off. A few extra bucks and your can properly bolt it in place using a Nut and Bolt.

The Strut Spacers uses "cinch bolts"... if you follow the instructions way of installing these to the spacer you'll find all three quickly stripped out. After stripping out two I tried a few taps with a hammer and wha'la! The stripped out cinch bolts I had to weld into place.

Anyone questioning on whether or not the Rough Country Kicker Braces are cheaply made should know I found them to be of high quality! Compared to the Fabtech impact struts the RC braces are larger in diameter and slightly heavier. They may not be better, but are a close equal.

Anyhow.. I did the install in just under two days. I did this solo with an occasional helping hand from my wife! So I think 2 days is a good finish. Oh, it was also raining on the second day.. which puts a damper on everything!
Now for the good stuff... here are a few pictures of the install and end result!

All finished!!

Some CV axle angles for those curious:

Over all I am pleased with my choice in RCX and would do it again if I had to. It should be noted.. this lift should not be a choice for anyone looking to exceed 6" in lift. The drop downs measure only 5 inches. This makes the end result of 6 inches equivalent to a 5" lift with a 1" leveling kit in terms of angles on your cv joints.

Also you might have noticed the use of 2" wheel adapters in one of the pictures above. While I do believe the OEM 20" wheels would work with this lift, the Toyo 35" AT II's do not. They are just a tad to wide and would hit the Knuckle. Many may disagree on the use of Wheel Adapters..

I did my research and found that if you properly maintain the adapters and follow the strict instructions of re torqueing when required I feel the adapters will work for my needs. I do have plans to purchase a set of Fuel Boost 20x9's with a 4.5" offset.

That about does it. Just need to get it in for an alignment and she'll be road worthy!

There are many more things I plan on doing in the future.. so this build is far from over.

Thanks in advance for viewing!

Cheers

Nemi
Old 03-27-2014, 05:25 PM

So I went in for an alignment at 10am this morning. When I left the shop I had these: NO more wheel adapters!!

Fuel Krank 20x9 with a 5" backspace in Silver Metallic. Mounted and balanced for 940 out the door! Not my original choice, but certainly not a bad choice. I think they look great!!

Anyhow, cheers

Nemi
Old 03-27-2014, 05:49 PM

Received 159 Likes on 145 Posts

Looks good.
The following users liked this post:
Nemisus (03-27-2014)
Old 03-27-2014, 05:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

lookin good brother!!
The following users liked this post:
Nemisus (03-27-2014)
Old 03-27-2014, 06:04 PM

Thanks guys! Amazing how fast this truck is coming along!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:41 PM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

Awesome Man! I see you are from the north bay. What part? Would love to have a meet up of some fellow bay area F150F members.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by jedeckert1984
Awesome Man! I see you are from the north bay. What part? Would love to have a meet up of some fellow bay area F150F members.

East of Santa Rosa to be exact! How about your self?

Cheers
Old 03-27-2014, 07:28 PM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemisus
East of Santa Rosa to be exact! How about your self?

Cheers
South East San Jose!
Old 03-27-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Name:  truck 2.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  83.7 KB
Originally Posted by jedeckert1984
South East San Jose!
nice to see fellow bay area natives, I am from the east bay myself, now living in socal

NEMISUS my truck looks almost identical but mine is a 2wd short bed! looks friggin sweet! btw you still have the stock 20's? Id be happy to take them off your hands

Last edited by WhyteLobo07; 03-27-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by WhyteLobo07
Attachment 304076

nice to see fellow bay area natives, I am from the east bay myself, now living in socal

NEMISUS my truck looks almost identical but mine is a 2wd short bed! looks friggin sweet! btw you still have the stock 20's? Id be happy to take them off your hands

I certainly do! I have full intent on selling them too. Make me an offer. I have a pretty good idea on what I want so lets try and make a deal. Curious, where in SoCal are you? I'd prefer not to ship.

Cheers

Nem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: North Bay CA Lariat Build.