Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new member, paralysis mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 12:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default new member, paralysis mods

Thought I'd show you guys my new F-150, first F-150 I have owned having been the proud owner of several first gen explorers (prior to paralysis). I'm the pasty white guy sitting on the platform next to the cab.
Top opens clam shell style, crane picks wheelchair up and places it in the bed. Before this I transfer onto the elevator platform which brings me up to seat height. The whole process takes about 10 minutes, might look into faster motors for the bed equipment to make things a little quicker.
Thank you to Bruno for the modification equipment and Cummings Mobility of Burnsville for doing the install. So far so good, I know the truck will make it through the winter but waiting to see how good the other equipment holds up! More pictures to follow. If you know of anyone who would be interested in this setup please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Last edited by Gimpy; 07-31-2013 at 12:23 AM. Reason: trying to add photo
The following 3 users liked this post by Gimpy:
bobkyle2 (07-31-2013), Bogie89 (07-31-2013), chayes627 (07-31-2013)
Old 07-31-2013, 12:35 AM

Received 473 Likes on 426 Posts

Wow that's a pretty cool setup!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:05 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the boards!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:03 AM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Hey Hey! Love the set up man. Its amazing what some of these mobility companies can do with vehicles for our disables folks. We are currently looking to add a few wheelchair vans to our fleet to expand our services to the public. We currently run 6 Advanced Life Support Ambulances and with the red tape that the feds are hittin us with, ( you know what Im talking about), we are investing in a few WC vans. I like your set up though. Looks like they did everything to suit your needs. Glad to see you are still mobile and living life to the fullest! Welcome to the forums and if you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask away! Not to pry, but why did you name yourself Gimpy? Don't look gimpy to me.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alsatropine
Hey Hey! Love the set up man. Its amazing what some of these mobility companies can do with vehicles for our disables folks. We are currently looking to add a few wheelchair vans to our fleet to expand our services to the public. We currently run 6 Advanced Life Support Ambulances and with the red tape that the feds are hittin us with, ( you know what Im talking about), we are investing in a few WC vans. I like your set up though. Looks like they did everything to suit your needs. Glad to see you are still mobile and living life to the fullest! Welcome to the forums and if you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask away! Not to pry, but why did you name yourself Gimpy? Don't look gimpy to me.
Funny you should say "know what I'm talking about" prior to the paralysis I was a paramedic for 8 years. As for the username, one I started using in online games while in the hospital, sort of a therapy through obfuscation.

Quick Reply: new member, paralysis mods