Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Mod build page

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 03:12 PM
army trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Mod build page

well gna start my mod page to start off i just bought back my 1989 4x4 f150 inline six 5 spd n currentley it has a 6in lift and i beleive 31in tires im deployed right now will be back in april n workin on the pics part still but just bout sum new 18x9 Black KMC XD Monster Wheels with Nitto Mud Grappler 35x12.5x18 Mud Tires.and also a 5 Lug Install Kit and a haynes book on body restore n gtn rid of rust gna be an all around project n looking forward to the weekend n the garage wit a 12 pak workin all on er all day will keep everyone up to date on new purchases and cant wait to get home n start da project
Old 11-20-2010, 03:13 PM
U.S. Army National Guard

where you deployed to?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:15 PM
army trucker

im in afghanistan right now with the 101st kunar province
Old 11-20-2010, 03:16 PM
U.S. Army National Guard

ah ok bro
Old 11-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Stud Muffin

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you for your service...and wow thats some nawrly lookin tread pattern
Old 11-21-2010, 11:05 AM
full size 4 wheeldrive

thanks for your service because freedom aint free!

will be watching closey cause my truck has rust issues also....
Old 12-05-2010, 09:17 AM
army trucker

ok need help here think im a dumba** k as most of u know im sure the 1989 f150 4x4 had the locking wheel hubs and u had to turn the switches on the wheel itself well as u see the rims in the pic above well they've got center caps well i called and they can be removed thank god because i already bout them and there being shipped now even tho i cant really do anything right now till i get home what exactly can i do to remove the old system redo it some how or replace it or is the old switch just going to stick out on my new wheels i know im probablly being confusing or not very understandable but i know what i wanna say its just not coming out how i want it im just worried because ive got these rims new rims and worried itll look tacky well im pretty sure it will or can i do some work to remove them and have a different four wheel drive set up i feel like i fd up big here or maybe im wrong im not home though to look and jus freaking because i hope i didn't just waste money on these rims and dont ask why im just now thinking of it i dont really know why got alot more on my mind out here i shouldve researched it some more but any info would be great and would ease my worry alot thanx
Old 12-05-2010, 09:58 AM
army trucker

i was also just thinking bout painting the part thatll stick out black roughening it up so the paint will stick iono im lost lol just not sure whatll be the best route to go or if i can even remove them because i cant do without my 4x4 i wish i was home so i could look at it i shouldve waited but once i get my mind set on something i tackle it head on sometimes with out thinking and just doing n know im afraid thats going to bite me in the ****
Old 12-05-2010, 03:17 PM

It will look like the wheel with the manual locking hub piece in the middle. If you want, you might be able to cut out the center cap so the switch protrudes but the cap is still on. Dont go painting the wheels, they're too nice. If you want to change the color get them powdercoated.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:46 AM
army trucker

thanks new jersey n ya i deffinintley dont want to paint the wheels i was thinking maybe the hub since its chrome n thats a good idea as long as its done right cutting it but what i was worried about is the cap wont fit on there with the hub sticking out im thinkng itll be to long iono did sum more research n talkd to another buddy out here n he ran into the same thing his last deploymen bout wheels abd had the manual lockin hub also n said his didnt turn out looking to bad

Quick Reply: My Mod build page