Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2004 F150 Lariat 5.4 3v SCREW project

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 11:38 AM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts
Default My 2004 F150 Lariat 5.4 3v SCREW project

Well I've finally gotten to a point with my truck to where I need opinions on what to do next. I received my truck last year, after the company I work for gave it to me for 10 yrs of service. It was used, beat up mechanically, and needed some serious TLC. She had about 175000 miles on her and the only thing she had done was regular oil changes. She was in limp mode and so I started my project. Within a weeks time I had changed all fluids to synthetic, changed all the spark plugs and COPS, new hubs, actuators, CV axles, updated brakes and rotors to severe duty, replaced the throttle body, ABS Module, timing chains and guides, flushed and refilled the radiator. Replaced upper control arms, lower ball joints, sway bar end links, bilstein shocks in the rear, New shocks and 2.5 in level in front.

This is her when I first received her:

This is when I got the level put on:

New BF Goodrich AT KOs 285/65/18s

Next Came Plastidipping the Grille and Bumpers, I also removed all the emergency lights and strobes, radios, GPS, all markings:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps85061132.jpg

Then came the smoked headlights, taillight guards, and 18x9 Gear Alloy Wheels also added a bug guard on the front:

My newest mod besides having the exterior clayed, waxed, and wheels wells sprayed along with the underside cleaned, is a SCT Livewire 9600 and a Roush Cold Air Intake:

So what do ya'll think? Whats next? Im also waiting on a Pioneer Touchscreen Double Din Head Unit and fixing to upgrade the speakers and add an amp and small sub.. What do ya'll think would be good door speakers? I am looking looking for quality not quantity. I just want a single 10 or 8 for bass but I want good crisp clean sound. Suggestions are welcome! I also plan on either a bull bar or bumper guard for the front. Either an NFab or custom built. Anyways, there are my upgrades so far.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want good sound go with component set of speakers for the front with possibly a small amp for them and coaxial in the back. As far as a sub I've heard that RE Audio makes good ones. And specifically the SRX10. If you want first hand experience from someone Kingranch4life has them and ibf150 also has has them. They aren't very pricey either.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 AM

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Sub'd. Awesome progress so far my man. With audio, in my opinion, you can never go wrong with rockford fosgate. They can be a bit pricey though. I have their door speakers, amp, and sub in my 1977 f100. I like the sound, but as chayes627 above said, I have heard good things about RE Audio and have been looking at their products recently for my 2005.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:16 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Got bored yesterday and with item I found around my shop I added this!

[/IM

Quick Reply: My 2004 F150 Lariat 5.4 3v SCREW project