Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lil Reds 05 Style/Flare Side Build

Old 01-10-2016, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lil Reds 05 Style/Flare Side Build

So, I've been reading through tons of build threads and really liked the idea. I'd love to get some advice along the way considering this is my first f 150 build. For the record this will be a repair/mod thread considering I've already began a lot of repairs..

Here it goes!

Purchased "lil red" mid November 15' w/ 140k miles as a 1 owner vehicle.

Day one- issues with the fuel gauge.
Diagnostic tests performed identified the issue was due to a faulty fuel pump.
Replaced the fuel pump with the factory pump.
Replaced the fuel tank straps due to rusting.

Week 1-4- issues with starting & stalling during sharp turns/low rpm.
Replaced spark plugs with iridium 1 piece spark plugs (the two piece idea is a crock of.......)
Replaced alternator with duralast "gold" series.
Replaced 4 FE ball joints and upper control arms w/ Moog kit.

What's next on my list?

Well.. A lot really..

We finally received our first decent snow fall since the initial purchase and already I'm finding issues with the 4x4 system. When driving- i hear a nasty grinding noise from time to time located closer to the front end. Also, the steering wheel seems to become a lot more stiff than usual.. I plan on investigating this further soon.
In addition to the previous issue, I don't seem to get a proper response when I switch from high to low.. It doesn't click, make any movements or any adjustments to the drive itself..

I'm also still having issues with the cold starts. I'm assuming it's just due to a faulty battery. I should've swapped that out when I bought it.

In terms of performance my list seems never ending..

To start off, I'm unsure if I want to raise it or lower it. I love both styles and their performance which is why it is such a tough decision..

I know for starters I'd like to install a new cold air intake system, a performance chip (not sure which kind), a true dual exhaust that's custom tailored to my make/model consisting of: PaceSetter ceramic coated long tube headers ; Magnaflow x-pipe, Magnaflow high-flow catalytic converter ; Magnaflow Magnapack muffler; 4"x18" Magnaflow Tips.
And again, depending on the lift or lower decision- a new suspension kit coupled with new wheels and tires.

Any who, I look forward to meeting many of you and getting your advice, tips, tricks, and ideas!

Lil Reds 05 Style/Flare Side Build-image-3363727159.jpg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lil Reds 05 Style/Flare Side Build