Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone/Aux Switch Pod

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone/Aux Switch Pod

Hey guys i have a 2013 XLT ecoboost. I was looking around on the web for an aux switch pod and also a good looking iPhone dock for my truck. I could not find one that i liked in either the pod or the dock... So me being a DIY guy that i am i decided to build my own. I formed the phone dock out of kydex and then used that in the project (no pictures of that process sorry). I took some foam packing and used it to make a guide to get the general idea of what i wanted the final project to look like.

I then took the measurements off of the foam and made the skeleton out of some wood i had laying around the house. I predrilled three holes for the switches.

I then wrapped it in fleece for the fiberglass. In my truck there is the tray in the dash and that is where i will be putting this pod. It makes since because of the radio being right under it and the ease of running the wiring for the switches behind the dash. I will post the finished project as soon as i finish it.
Attached Thumbnails iPhone/Aux Switch Pod-img_1300.jpg   iPhone/Aux Switch Pod-img_1304.jpg  

Quick Reply: iPhone/Aux Switch Pod