Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introduction/Build Thread [2007 Ford F150 HD w/o SC 2WD]

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 08:08 PM

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Thumbs up Introduction/Build Thread [2007 Ford F150 HD w/o SC 2WD]

I haven't really shown anyone on here my truck and would definitely like to start getting into this. My name is Derrick and as stated in the title I have an 07 F150 HD. I have the non supercharged 2wd version. It is the Dark Amethyst Version.

Original Window Sticker:
Photo Album:
I am graphic designer. So, if you need anything to be made just let me know and if I have some free time I will gladly make it for you.

I wanted to make this thread to post some of the things I did to my truck, some of the things to come, and to also ask you guys a few questions I have. It is quite difficult to mod/upgrade the truck on a highschool/part time budget so please bear with me.

I am open to any and all suggestions.

So, lets get started...

Mods:

I did a couple of modifications so far. Here are a few I did. (will update with pictures soon)

• Daystar 2" Leveling Kit
  • Custom Emblem Overlays (front, rear, and steering wheel) (Patriot Decals)
  • Projector Halo Headlights (Spyder)
  • LED Tail Lights (Spyder)
  • LED Third Brake Light
  • Tailgate LED Strip
  • Chrome Handle Covers (Putco)
  • Key fob with flip-out key
  • Daystar Upper Dash Panel
  • Apple Universal Dock with remote (hooked up to line-in port)
  • Interior LED Conversion (6000k) (map and dome lights)
  • In-Channel Vent Visors (AVS)
  • Volant PowerCore CAI
  • Edge Evolution CTS (power lvl 1, ordering custom tunes)

Future Mods:

Here are a few things that are coming to the truck...if the funds are right.

• 6" Fabtech Lift
  • Remote Start system (suggestions?)
  • Toyo 37" Open Country M/T
  • AMP Research Running Boards (soon)
  • Full iPad integration
  • Upgraded Door speakers and subwoofer/amp (suggestions?)
  • Custom Halo/Projector Headlights (suggestions?)
  • Custom Halo/Projector Fogs (suggestions?)
  • Custom LED Tail lights (suggestions?)

Questions:

I have also been having some problems with this beautiful truck. This is where I will post them and hopefully someone can help me out. I will try my best to give some sort of video/photo evidence to hopefully answer the question as quick as possible.

• Creaking/Grinding front end (video evidence)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3uNT5TK5JY
This is one problem I have been having with my truck. It did this before installing the leveling kit so that shouldn't have had anything to do with this. Whenever turning right it always creaks or grinds. It used to do it while turning left also but it just stopped. It also does it when going in reverse. It does it both while applying and not applying the brakes. I can't really explain the sound so I uploaded this video. Hopefully someone can help me out with this.
  • Evolution CTS Hard/Bumpy shifting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpAmpTgh28
Installed my Volant CAI and Edge CTS yesterday. Made this video to show the sound of the truck after everything. I also made it to show how hard the truck is shifting. You can't really notice it in the video but since I put the CTS on power level 1 (Trans Only) it shift really hard. It almost throws you into your seat. I'm not sure if that is what is suppose to do or what. If you have/ever had this problem let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by D.WRECK; 12-24-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:22 PM

Hopefully getting some better pictures today.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:47 PM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

A lifted harley with 37's?? That ought to be nice!!
(1) door speakers.. Man it's so MANY OPTIONS... JL Audio, Polk, MB Quart... ect...
Other items I don't have so I really couldn't say....
Old 12-24-2011, 03:38 PM

Finally got some good pictures. Installed my Edge CTS and Volant CAI yesterday. Going to order some custom tunes from PHP after the holidays.
Attached Thumbnails Introduction/Build Thread [2007 Ford F150 HD w/o SC 2WD]-img_0354.jpg   Introduction/Build Thread [2007 Ford F150 HD w/o SC 2WD]-img_0362.jpg   Introduction/Build Thread [2007 Ford F150 HD w/o SC 2WD]-img_0360.jpg   Introduction/Build Thread [2007 Ford F150 HD w/o SC 2WD]-img_0365.jpg   Introduction/Build Thread [2007 Ford F150 HD w/o SC 2WD]-img_0353.jpg  

Old 01-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Under Construction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey just saw u have the daystar upper dash tray anyway u can post a pic soni can see what it looks like on the dash
Old 01-14-2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Socal399
Hey just saw u have the daystar upper dash tray anyway u can post a pic soni can see what it looks like on the dash
Here is what mine looks like.

I took an apple universal dock and painted it black then slapped it on there with some 3M tape so I can easily dock my phone and play my music. It works pretty good.

That's the best picture I can provide at the moment but tomorrow I can take some more if needed.

Thanks
-Derrick

Quick Reply: Introduction/Build Thread [2007 Ford F150 HD w/o SC 2WD]