Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 09:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Finished Project

Since I got my truck, I had a couple of things I wanted done and a surprise.

1. I got a new lighted trailer hitch cover Ford Emblem - Done

2. The surprise was a remote starter that I did not know was in the vehicle. All that was needed was an antenna and the key FOB it already had a Smart Start box (cellular antenna). I could not justify $70 for a year to just push my cellphone to start the vehicle. And after reading some of the reviews, the service is not always 100% all the time and more like 50% - 65%. It is just not worth it.

3. The last project now completed.

I have a tonneau cover on the bed and when we go shopping usually at night when we have the time to do it, it is usually dark. I have a spray in liner which is black, and when we open up the tailgate to put the groceries in, it is like looking into a black hole.
I decided to put in lights in the bed so we can see in without worry of missing something or breaking something and the added security that we can see in just in case someone was hiding inside the bed of the truck we can still see the whole bed of the truck.
I added 2 pics
1 is the bed which already has the lights in it but are off. This is how we were looking in normally

Finished Project-2016-07-03-13.05.14.jpg

This one is the lights on!

Finished Project-2016-07-03-13.05.58.jpg

I used the add a circuit fuse box plug and drawing off of the power locks which are always on.
I also stress tested the circuit to see if it would cause a problem. I found that no matter what, the
circuit is strong and no fuses were harmed in the making of this mod!

In addition these are max bright LED strip lights and they are VERY bright for this setup!!!

Just took some night pics

Finished Project-2016-07-10-02.03.55.jpg
Night Shot

Finished Project-2016-07-10-02.04.16.jpg
Inside is VERY Bright

Finished Project-2016-07-10-02.04.48.jpg
Switch. Push button

Last edited by brianerwin; 07-10-2016 at 03:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Finished Project