Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DemonicFX4 build thread

Old 08-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Nut up or shut up

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default DemonicFX4 build thread

Welp I had a build thread before but since then I stopped using the forums for a few Facebook groups instead, changed my username, found old pictures, and decided to start using the forums again since I have found extra time on my hands. My old username was HighAngeledHell, some of you may have noticed me around the forums, some not. I didnt exactly post a lot or any crazy information but I have since learned a lot about these trucks and have a lot more to contribute to the community.

In High School my dad gave me his 2001 Ford F-150 Crew Cab, I didn't get any pictures of it since I only owned it for 6 days since it got totaled. After two weeks of negotiating with the insurance company we found a great deal on an 01 F-150 XLT with 130k miles. My dad and I went down to pick it up 2 days later after test driving it. Drove perfectly.

The truck had nothing special on it except for the torsion bars fully cranked and a billet grille. I drove it around my junior and senior year and did nothing to it except added 2 12" kicker sub woofers. After I joined the Army and completed basic training I was stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. I knew I wanted another F-150 and after 6 days here and continuous searching I found a 2004 F-150 FX4 Super Crew fully loaded about 45 minutes north. I quickly contacted the dealer and scheduled a test drive. They wanted 21k for it but with help and a blank check from selling the 01 and saving, I quickly negotiated to 17.5 after taxes with lifetime maintenance.

The Morning after I bought her.

More to come.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:58 PM
Nut up or shut up

I told myself I'd keep it stock when I bought it but we all tell ourselves that. 5 days later it slowly started. I got myself a Flowmaster 40 series SI/DO. I loved the sound when it first started. When I got it the whole plastidip thing started becoming popular so I figured id try it. I started with the wheels and emblems.

I saw a member with a Saleen grille, I knew I had to have one. It was gorgeous, looked 100x better than the factory H grille or any billet. I thought id never find one but the second I checked craigslist I found one 10 miles away for $100. I was dreaming and got it ASAP. Turns out he was parting out his truck and also sold me his Spyder projector headlights with halos. I didnt know any better so I bought those too for $60 with HIDs.

Look at that sexy grille and that nasty condensation.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Nut up or shut up

Now everyone needs new wheels, that's a rule right? So I was on a budget and found a pair of wheels I liked on sale so I had to get them. 20" Raceline Raptors. Now I just needed tires, I found some brand new BF Goodrich Rugged Terrains for a deal. 33x11.50r20. I got this size because I never planned on leveling or lifting my truck. I should stop assuming my future.

I like the rims. 20x9 with +30 offset. Didnt really know how that stuff worked last year... So I thought it looked pretty awkward. Screw it, lets level the truck. I went on eBay and got a Hellbent Steel 2.5" leveling kit for the extra front end lift. Best. investment. ever.

Leveling kit is on.

I knew a guy from the parts department back home who was able to hook me up with an employee discount. I wanted the FX appearance package red badges for the fenders and tailgate, and I loved the 2011 FX4 bedside decals so I got those too.

Much much much better than the chrome 11th gen ones.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DemonicFX4 build thread