Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Members Builds
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-14-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
Nut up or shut up

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DemonicFX4 Send a message via Skype™ to DemonicFX4
Default DemonicFX4 build thread

Welp I had a build thread before but since then I stopped using the forums for a few Facebook groups instead, changed my username, found old pictures, and decided to start using the forums again since I have found extra time on my hands. My old username was HighAngeledHell, some of you may have noticed me around the forums, some not. I didnt exactly post a lot or any crazy information but I have since learned a lot about these trucks and have a lot more to contribute to the community.

In High School my dad gave me his 2001 Ford F-150 Crew Cab, I didn't get any pictures of it since I only owned it for 6 days since it got totaled. After two weeks of negotiating with the insurance company we found a great deal on an 01 F-150 XLT with 130k miles. My dad and I went down to pick it up 2 days later after test driving it. Drove perfectly.

Click the image to open in full size.

The truck had nothing special on it except for the torsion bars fully cranked and a billet grille. I drove it around my junior and senior year and did nothing to it except added 2 12" kicker sub woofers. After I joined the Army and completed basic training I was stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. I knew I wanted another F-150 and after 6 days here and continuous searching I found a 2004 F-150 FX4 Super Crew fully loaded about 45 minutes north. I quickly contacted the dealer and scheduled a test drive. They wanted 21k for it but with help and a blank check from selling the 01 and saving, I quickly negotiated to 17.5 after taxes with lifetime maintenance.

The Morning after I bought her.

More to come.
DemonicFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
Nut up or shut up

I told myself I'd keep it stock when I bought it but we all tell ourselves that. 5 days later it slowly started. I got myself a Flowmaster 40 series SI/DO. I loved the sound when it first started. When I got it the whole plastidip thing started becoming popular so I figured id try it. I started with the wheels and emblems.

I saw a member with a Saleen grille, I knew I had to have one. It was gorgeous, looked 100x better than the factory H grille or any billet. I thought id never find one but the second I checked craigslist I found one 10 miles away for $100. I was dreaming and got it ASAP. Turns out he was parting out his truck and also sold me his Spyder projector headlights with halos. I didnt know any better so I bought those too for $60 with HIDs.

Look at that sexy grille and that nasty condensation.

Build Thread
Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
Nut up or shut up

Now everyone needs new wheels, that's a rule right? So I was on a budget and found a pair of wheels I liked on sale so I had to get them. 20" Raceline Raptors. Now I just needed tires, I found some brand new BF Goodrich Rugged Terrains for a deal. 33x11.50r20. I got this size because I never planned on leveling or lifting my truck. I should stop assuming my future.

I like the rims. 20x9 with +30 offset. Didnt really know how that stuff worked last year... So I thought it looked pretty awkward. Screw it, lets level the truck. I went on eBay and got a Hellbent Steel 2.5" leveling kit for the extra front end lift. Best. investment. ever.

Leveling kit is on.

I knew a guy from the parts department back home who was able to hook me up with an employee discount. I wanted the FX appearance package red badges for the fenders and tailgate, and I loved the 2011 FX4 bedside decals so I got those too.

Much much much better than the chrome 11th gen ones.

Build Thread
Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 PM