Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Members Builds
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

DavidKR's 2014 King Ranch

Old 10-30-2014, 12:36 AM   #1
wait. what?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default DavidKR's 2014 King Ranch

not really much to look at yet but I figured I would get this started now before I lose all of my pictures.

2014 F-150 King Ranch Ecoboost 4x4 max tow 6.5' bed, luxury and chrome packages, platinum white tri-coat/pale adobe exterior and adobe/chapparal interior. I found it and brought it home on 9/20/2014 with 7 miles on it, and a build date of 9/14.

first thing I did was dig up my old HD tail lights my girlfriend bought me for my 2010, and threw them on.

then I picked up a used Airaid intake and SCT 5015 a week later. ordered 5 Star tunes for the SCT.

next was window tint. 18% Suntek on the sides to match the factory rear, and 35% over the windshield, and an Autospring 2.5" front level and 3" rear block.

and then LT285/65R20 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO tires and Raptor-style LED grille lights from Stage 3 Motorsports.

last, a cheap Lund roll-up tonneau cover and bed mat from Farm and Fleet and an MBRP 4" aluminized steel single exit catback. evidently, I don't really have any close-ups of the exhaust.

I'm still happy enough with the fuel economy I'm seeing with my level and tires which are 34.7" tall that I have decided which route I'm going to take over the winter. I am going to move up to a BDS 4" suspension lift and add Firestone airbags so that my towing doesn't suffer horribly with the aftermarket suspension. for wheels and tires I will be going with 20x9 +1mm Fuel Mavericks in chrome wrapped in 35x12.50 Toyo Open Country A/T IIs, and I will be adding Bushwacker Extend-a-fenders which will be painted to match.

the other items I have planned are:
Peragon tonneau cover
spray-in liner
LED bed lights
train horns
rear spot lights
Solo 4" single exhaust with Mach 46 muffler
Solo catless resonated downpipes
Go Recon black/amber LEDs for the tow mirrors
probably upgrading the headlights to the EvoX-R and finding fog retros to match
and lastly, painting the chrome surround on my grille to look like the non-chrome package.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:43 AM   #2
Southern 4 Life

Wow, that is a beautiful truck. Only thing I wouldn't touch, would be the chrome grille surround. I think it goes with the truck perfectly, but that's just my opinion. I know removing chrome seems to be the thing now.
BlackThundah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:23 AM   #3
wait. what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackThundah View Post
Wow, that is a beautiful truck. Only thing I wouldn't touch, would be the chrome grille surround. I think it goes with the truck perfectly, but that's just my opinion. I know removing chrome seems to be the thing now.
thank you! I do like chrome myself, in moderation, but I think the other grille just makes the front end look a lot more put together. there is still the chrome in the center. I was very particular when I was searching for a truck and the only option on this truck that I did not want was the chrome package for this exact reason. but, I had to settle because a truck equipped the way I wanted was so hard to find, and I got a great deal on this one.

here is KPT2's truck as an example of the non-chrome package grille.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:24 AM   #4

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

How well is the visibility with 35 on the windshield?

my build-
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/arics-f...-build-261040/
AricsFX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:34 AM   #5
wait. what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AricsFX View Post
How well is the visibility with 35 on the windshield?
not bad at all. honestly I forget it's there most of the time.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:52 AM   #6
Southern 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKR View Post
thank you! I do like chrome myself, in moderation, but I think the other grille just makes the front end look a lot more put together. there is still the chrome in the center. I was very particular when I was searching for a truck and the only option on this truck that I did not want was the chrome package for this exact reason. but, I had to settle because a truck equipped the way I wanted was so hard to find, and I got a great deal on this one.

here is KPT2's truck as an example of the non-chrome package grille.
I agree completely, I like stock chrome on trucks and that's about it. Of course my generation of f150 came with a whole lot less stock chrome than the ones nowadays. I forget that sometimes. But, you've changed my opinion, I say go for the ptm surround. That white absolutely compliments the truck better. For some reason I was thinking you meant you wanted to paint it black.
BlackThundah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:52 AM   #7
Chive So Hard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Gotta sub for a good King Ranch build
Old 11-09-2014, 04:51 AM   #8
wait. what?

unfortunately not a whole lot of cool stuff to report at the moment, but today I removed the front license plate and the Ecoboost badges, and plastidipped the wheels. it's not permanent, just something I have been doing once we have the first snowfall in the forecast because it stops the finish from being eaten by salt. but I must say, it looks better than I thought it would.

I also ordered Recon black housing amber LED lights to replace the horrendous orange blobs on my tow mirrors, and an actuator so that I can run the tailgate lock with the keyless entry.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:08 AM   #9
wait. what?

I picked up a new iPhone 6 Plus and wanted to see how the camera compares to my old iPhone 5, so I went and snapped some photos today.

sorry, I took like 50 pictures lol, I'll try to stop myself from posting more.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #10

Nice work on the rims. I'm thinking of Plasti Dipping my '06 King Ranch's rims black. They're stock and while I'd love to upgrade them to different rims/tires, I'd rather spend the dough on performance/interior stuff (i.e. new stereo with Nav).

This caught my eye because I have the exact color scheme. Though they're different looking, now I can get a sense for what it looks like with the white/tan two-tone. I like the way it looks.

One quick question -- how many quotes, and what color, did you use for the rims? Was it just straight black? Also, they appear to have a shine to them. How much of the glossifier did you use?

Thanks DavidKR. Well done with the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKR View Post
unfortunately not a whole lot of cool stuff to report at the moment, but today I removed the front license plate and the Ecoboost badges, and plastidipped the wheels. it's not permanent, just something I have been doing once we have the first snowfall in the forecast because it stops the finish from being eaten by salt. but I must say, it looks better than I thought it would.

I also ordered Recon black housing amber LED lights to replace the horrendous orange blobs on my tow mirrors, and an actuator so that I can run the tailgate lock with the keyless entry.
DarkSideoftheBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:09 PM