Update: Gauge Cluster Restoration + LED Bulb Swap
This past week, I removed the cluster. You can tell from the pics earlier in this thread that a ton of dust had made its way up through the hole where the shifter needle enters the cluster. It was so dusty, and the bulbs were so old/burnt out, that the cluster was nearly un-readable both day and night.
I decided to remove and clean things up, as well as to replace the cluster and HVAC panel bulbs with white LED bulbs while I was at it.
Here's some pics of the restoration process on the cluster:
Once the cluster was apart, I cleaned the face/needles/body with baby wipes and then dryed everything up with lint free shop towels.
I then got to work on the plastic shroud. I used Invisible Glass cleaner and a microfiber towel to clean the inside portion of the shroud. For the outside, I used some Meguires Fine Cut Cleaner, repeating the polishing process two times. This smoothed out most of the surface scratches. I finished up the job by polishing/protecting the lens with Meguires PlastiX.
I'll be posting several more interior updates soon, including a custom high-mount light switch panel that I'm pretty excitied about my progress on, thus far.
Until then, thanks for following along.