Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new 2014 STX. Help me hook it up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 05:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brand new 2014 STX. Help me hook it up!

After a decade of driving old beat up rangers, I finally bought my first brand new truck. 2014 STX V8 5.0 4x4

Brand new 2014 STX. Help me hook it up!-teyoeau.jpg

My plans are:
-Windows tinted
-Black wheels
-Lift/level
-Intake and straight pipe exhaust to help improve gas mileage.
-Headlights and taillights

Anybody have reccomendations of what exactly I should get and what kind of prices I should look for?
Old 07-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,142 Likes on 2,841 Posts

a popular swap is the FX4 tails and headlights...they have a smoked appearance
Old 07-01-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a fan of oem wheels. I would consider 33's and wheel spacers if your doing a 3 in lift. My .02.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Chive So Hard

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

"Intake and straight pipe exhaust to help improve gas mileage" has got to be one of the greatest things I have read in a while. By no means do I mean to mock because I too have a straight pipe set up. However you will gain the sqare root of squat in terms of fuel economy that way without the aid of a tuner of any form or fashion. I prefer SCT and I'm sure most other guys on here will double that. As far as wheels and tires go.... keep those stockers and wrap em up in a good looking A/T or M/T in a 33". Do a level as well. The choices on those are endless but I am partial to Rancho. Look into repalcing your rear shocls as well, anything over stock will help with ride quality plus I have seen a few examples of stock shocks failing. Good luck with the build and keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Brand new 2014 STX. Help me hook it up!