Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Blue Pearl!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Blue Pearl!!

Finally feel like i've done enough to start a build thread.

What i'm starting with!
Attached Thumbnails The Blue Pearl!!-wp_20130418_003.jpg  
Old 04-21-2013, 08:41 PM

First things first i installed over the hump weather tech floor mats over the hump front and back.

Just something for starters
Attached Thumbnails The Blue Pearl!!-wp_20130418_005.jpg  
Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 PM

And then this weekend i took the plunge and did a few things.

The only picture i took while working on it.

4 Inch rough country suspension lift Also has the extra kicker package underneath.

Just the rear shock. I was confused as to which way to mount it. Piston up or down but after a little research i came to the conclusion it doesn't really matter with their shocks. Going to buy some boots just to keep them cleaner.

Rough country 9500 hidden winch kit. Edit: synthetic rope cause who likes frayed wire =)

New rims and tires should be coming this week!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 PM

looks good how do you like to 5.0 I am on the fence between that and the Eco-Boost motor leaning towards the 3.6
Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by NoVAChron
looks good how do you like to 5.0 I am on the fence between that and the Eco-Boost motor leaning towards the 3.6

Well i am not an expert mechanic or anything like that. In my opinion it all depends on what you want to do with the truck. I have only test drove the turbo charged v6 but i enjoyed it more than the test drive of my 5.0. Felt more pick up but really i am happy i stuck with the V8 because of the price difference, The V8 rumble, not really needing the extra power of the twin turbo.

I would just recommend to test drive a few different vehicles with both engines
Old 05-13-2013, 10:36 PM

Finally got the the tires and rims. I had a fudge up that was my own fault. At first i ordered seventeen inch rims but because of the lift and the knew steering knuckle the tie rod end was just a sixteenth of an inch away from rubbing the inside of the rim. So the very nice sales guy at the tire shop got me hooked up with the eighteens and new tires.

They stick out a nice bit. Still need to put the winch back in and trim the shroud a little so the tires won't rub =( But alas i wanted 35's so i got 35's =)

Will look into better pictures than just my camera phone.

Tires are 35/12.5/18 pro comp Xtreme AT's.

Rims are ATX Slot Chrome 18 inch with 24mm backspacing around 5 inches.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:43 PM

So i have some tail lights and fender flares being shipped to me. Hoping to find a nice local place to paint the flares. I was thinking PTM flares, new trailer mirrors PTM, and the door handle PTM. Anybody else paint to match other stuff on their trucks like the shroud under the bumper or the plastic on chrome bumpers or even the plastic on the running board/nerfbar???
Old 05-18-2013, 10:16 PM

I detailed most of the exterior of the truck today. From noon to dark . Still waiting on a nicer camera...

I bought a porter cable 7424xp along with a ton of blackfire detailing products.

I tried the ice on fire layering with wet diamond sealant and midnight sun ivory carnuaba wax. Going to have to wait tell tomorrow to see it better.

Also have my buchwacker extended fender flares just need to find somebody to paint them.

Anybody paint their flares themself and think they turned out okay??
Old 05-22-2013, 06:13 PM

It rained quite a bit around here and three days later i took this picture in the morning. I think i read somewhere about the beading being big for blackfire ice on fire. What do you think? Anybody? lol no really anybody =D

Quick Reply: The Blue Pearl!!