Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blacking out 2008 XLT - need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blacking out 2008 XLT - need help

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, as I just bought my first F150! I'm interested in blacking out the truck but need some advice. The first picture is my truck currently (I've already got the front windows tinted to match the factory tint on the rear windows. The second picture is ideally what I would like my truck to look like when I'm finished.
Here's some questions I have:
1. I need to black out my front + rear bumper. I was thinking of getting them LineX'd. Has anyone done this before? Is this a good idea or would it be better to get them painted? I don't mind having a 2-tone truck.
2. I currently have Nerf running boards. I would like all black running boards. Does anyone know of a good brand that fits a 2008? I was debating getting the running boards LineX'd as well. Yes or No?
3. What kind of flares does that truck have? Are they bushwackers?
4. What kind of midnight headlights are those?

I look forward to hearing back from you guys. I really want to start the project soon but wanted to gather some information first. If you have any other ideas of things I could do, suggest away!

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails Blacking out 2008 XLT - need help-image.jpg  
Old 02-03-2015, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't figure out how to post more than 1 picture. But here is what I want the truck to look like when I'm finished. Ps the truck only has 100,000 km so it's worth it to upgrade since it's still got 60%+ of its life left.

Thanks again everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Blacking out 2008 XLT - need help-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Blacking out 2008 XLT - need help